Ricoh Americas Corporation today announced the availability of its new Pro C7100 color production printer for print-for-pay and in-house high-volume printing. The C7100 features the ability to print on textured media and custom materials, and customers may add a fifth color station for printing in white or clear toner.
The CYMK Pro C7100 is rated at up to 80 to 90 ppm in black-and-white or full-color, and prints at 1,200 x 4,800 dpi. Over-size printing is provided via using the paper bypass tray or vacuum-feed LCIT. Ricoh says speciality applications include printing on window clings and other custom and textured materials, as well as variable data printing (VDP).
With Ricoh’s Trained Customer Replaceable Units (TCRU) program, designed to maintain uptime, customers can replace more than a dozen parts without the aid of a technician.
The RICOH Pro C7100 series, available in both printer/scanner and printer-only configurations, also features:
- An AC-transfer system and elastic fusing-belt technology to enhance output on heavily textured media such as vellum and linen.
- Maximum sheet size of 13″ x 19.2″.
- Maximum monthly volume of up to 240,000 (A4) pages.
- Ricoh’s new vacuum feed LCT, with an option to enable printing on over-size media up to 27.5″ in length.
- Tight sheet-to-sheet registration through a mechanical-registration system that squares the sheet prior to imaging and can be adjusted from the user interface.
- Media library that allows users to adjust and associate different parameters per substrate to help ensure consistent image quality and reliability.
- Self-contained liquid cooling system that keeps the developer at a constant temperature and minimizes disruptions in extended production runs.
- Complete suite of optional document-finishing solutions for collated, finished documents ready for distribution with no manual intervention. This includes in-line ring bind, perfect bind, as well as new Plockmatic Bookletmakers and GBC StreamPunch Ultra.
- The ability to expand in-line finishing options with the Ricoh Peripheral Interface Port (RPIP), enabling customers to produce high-quality finished work at faster print speeds.
For more information and complete specifications on the Pro C7100, visit Ricoh Americas here.
- October 2014: New Line of EFI Fiery Servers for Latest Ricoh Color Production Printers
- September 2014: Ricoh Previewing New Pro C7100X Production Color-Printing Family, New Continuous-Feed Inkjet Pro VC60000 at Graph Expo
- September 2014: Ricoh Signs on to Sell and Distribute Xante Commercial- and Graphic-Arts Printing Systems
- February 2014: EFI Launches New Digital Front End, the Fiery EB-32, for Ricoh Production Printers