New Xerox iGen 5 Press Features Fifth Color Station
According to InfoTrends, the high-end digital production color market will expand from around 60 billion pages today to 87 billion pages globally by 2018, offering a significant growth opportunity for print-service providers.
With the iGen platform, Xerox says productivity gains of up to 25 percent can be achieved, since less time is spent on reprinting, quality control and job setup, continuing to make iGen devices the most productive digital presses on the market.
Three configurations are available: the iGen 5 150 Press (150 ppm), iGen 5 120 Press (120 ppm), and iGen 5 90 Press (90 ppm). With a new scalable architecture, Xerox says upgrading from one print-speed model to the faster print-speed model is easy.
According to the firm, the optional fifth color unit increases the ability to match a larger gamut of Pantone colors or unknown spot colors without hindering productivity. Orange, greenm or blue options supplement CMYK and are said to provide distinctive brand colors without moving short runs to offset.
A variety of color matching, job setup, and quality control automation tools are available.
Other features include:
- An EFI Fiery or Xerox FreeFlow Print Server to automate and integrate the workflow process from order to finish.
- Gloss or matte dry-ink options.
- 26-inch sheet size to enable more jobs and applications such as six-panel brochures, gatefold pamphlets, pocket folders, and direct-mail campaigns.
- 2,400 x 2,400 dpi imaging system, Object Oriented Halftoning, Xerox Confident Color and Auto Density Control to deliver reliable and predictable image quality.
- A range of inline document-finishing solutions, including Xerox IntegratedPLUS Finishing and Dual Mode Sheet Feeder to manage jobs with diverse finishing requirements.
According to Xerox, the iGen 5 complements the existing offerings within the iGen family – the iGen 150and iGen4 Diamond Edition – by continuing to expand the scope of applications that can be produced using Xerox’s production color portfolio.
The iGen 5 150 Press and EFI Print Server are available immediately worldwide. The iGen 5 120 Press, iGen 5 90 Press and FreeFlow Print Server will be available in September 2015. The iGen 5 150 4-color base configuration will have a U.S. list price starting at $752,000 and the iGen 5 150 5-color base configuration will have a U.S. list price starting at $849,000.
- Press Release: New EFI Fiery Print Server Drives CYMK+Color Capabilities and Faster Processing for Xerox iGen 5
- May 2015: IDC: Positive Gains for Worldwide Production-Printer Market; Xerox is Leader
- May 2015: New EFI Fiery Digital Front Ends for Xerox’s Latest Digital Presses
- March 2015: NEW XEROX 80-PPM VERSANT 80 PRESS, & COLOR 800I/1000I WITH GOLD, SILVER, & SPECIALTY INKS
- February 2015: EFI SELF-SERVE PRINT-FOR-PAY PRINT PRODUCTS NOW AVAILABLE FOR CANON MFPS
- January 2015: EFI REPORTS RECORD REVENUE FOR FOURTH QUARTER AND FULL-YEAR 2014
- January 2015: EFI PREVIEWS NEW LED INKJET, MORE AT EFI CONNECT USERS CONFERENCE
- October 2014: EFI REPORTS RECORD REVENUE OF $198 MILLION FOR THIRD-QUARTER 2014
- October 2014: NEW LINE OF EFI FIERY SERVERS FOR LATEST RICOH COLOR PRODUCTION PRINTERS
- May 2014: EFI LAUNCHES ‘MOST ADVANCED’ CONTROLLER TO DATE, NEW FIERY PRO FS150 PRO