Samsung Launches Industry’s First Mobile App for Printer Trouble-Shooting
Samsung Electronics has launched its Smart Printer Diagnostic System (SPDS), the industry’s first mobile application for fixing printer problems. The app includes images and video guides for troubleshooting Samsung Smart MultiXpress Printers via Android mobile devices.
With SPDS, Samsung aims to standardize the quality of IT service across service providers around the globe “with direct, easy-to-follow visual guides developed individually for every Samsung MultiXpress printer model.”
The app provides two functions. First, it gives users access to the SPDS server, the storage site for official Samsung service manuals, technical information, educational videos, and real-time notifications for software updates for Samsung Smart MultiXpress models.
Second, when a mobile device with the SPDS app installed receives an error message from the failed printer, the app automatically identifies the issue and displays a step-by-step troubleshooting guide.
The free SPDS app is available for download from Google Play here. It’s available in 51 countries and the content has been translated into 9 languages, including English, French, and German.
- March 2015: Samsung Releases Android-Based Smart UX SDK to Developers for Creating New MFP Functionality
- February 2015: New Samsung Desktop Printers with iOS & Android Mobile Printing, Usage Tracking, Secure Printing, More
- February 2015: Samsung Announces Next-Generation Quadcore CPU-Powered A3 MultiXpress 7 MFP
- February 2015: FollowMe Embedded with Secure Mobile Printing Now Available for Samsung MFPs
- December 2014: Samsung on the First Android OS-Powered Printers
- September 2014: New Samsung A4 Multifunctionals Feature First Android OS-Powered User Interface
- April 2014: Samsung Rolls out 2014 ‘Smart’ Desktop Printer and MFP Lineup with NFC, Google Cloud Mobile Printing