Ricoh is First to Have Copier MFPs EPEAT-Registered in India
Ricoh Company of Tokyo reports that it’s the first copier-MFP company to have copier MFPs achieve EPEAT registration in India, with the firm announcing that it has received Silver ratings in the EPEAT (Electronic Product Environmental Assessment Tool) for 35 of its imaging-equipment products marketed in India, including MFPs and printers.
EPEAT is a global environment rating system established to help buyers identify eco-friendly computers and other electronic products. Under the EPEAT system, products are measured against both required and optional criteria for resource conservation, energy conservation, and the reduction/elimination of environmentally sensitive materials. Products must meet all 33 required environmental performance criteria and 26 additional optional criteria to qualify for ratings of Bronze, Silver, or Gold.
Ricoh has participated in the EPEAT program since 2013, and currently markets 357 EPEAT-registered models in the United States as of June 5, 2015.
The company says it’s emphasizing sustainable environmental management in striving to achieve its medium- and long-term environmental-impact reduction goals for 2020 and 2050. It says its making special efforts in the field of energy conservation, prevention of global warming, resource conservation, recycling, and pollution prevention.
Ricoh has also actively acquired environmental labels in every region of the world, including the Blue Angel mark in Germany and the Eco-Mark in Japan.
- February 2013: Xerox, Dell, Ricoh, Lexmark Join Canon with First Printers and MFPs to Achieve EPEAT Eco-Friendly Recognition
- April 2015: Ricoh Brings ‘Big-Business Power’ to Small Offices with New Desktop A4 Printer, MFPs
- June 2015: Ricoh Offering ECM’s Syncplicity Secure Cloud-Based Document-Storage and Sharing Solution
- April 2015: Ricoh Launches CHAMPS Cloud IT Services for Ricoh Dealers
- March 2015: New Ricoh A3 MFPs Feature Mobile Print, ICE Integration, Start at $12,250
- February 2015: Two New Fleet-Management Solutions from Ricoh, Device Manager NX Pro, Device Manager NX Enterprise
- February 2015: New Ricoh Desktop A4 Printer SP 4510DN, SP 4510SF MFP Start at $725
- February 2015: Ricoh Introduces ‘Legal MFP’ Optimized for Streamlining Legal Document Processes, Adds iCONECT-XERA Support