Konica Minolta Acquires Canon, IT Services Dealer SymQuest
Marking its 20th acquisition in the last four years, Konica Minolta Business Solutions, U.S.A. reports that it’s acquired managed IT-services company SymQuest Group, which is headquartered in Burlington, Vermont, and serves the New England area. SymQuest markets on-site managed IT services, its SafetyNet Managed Cloud services, managed print services, Canon production printers, Canon wide-format printers and scanners, and Canon and Kyocera printers and MFPs.
As part of the agreement, SymQuest Group’s headquarters will remain in South Burlington, Vermont, and Westbrook, Maine, and it will retain its 186 employees throughout various branch offices and data centers.
The SymQuest Group has been in business for some 20 years. With the acquisition, SymQuest Group’s customers will have access to Konica Minolta’s line-up of products, applications, and services, including those marketed by Konica Minolta’s All Covered IT division, which offers a range of IT strategy, support, project, and cloud-computing solutions across vertical markets .
As a wholly owned subsidiary of Konica Minolta Business Solutions, SymQuest Group will continue to deliver solutions in office-automation and operate under the leadership of co-founder Larry Sudbay.
“The SymQuest Group’s business model with a mix of office-document and IT services is a perfect fit for us,” commented Rick Taylor, President and COO, Konica Minolta Business Solutions USA.
- May 2015: Konica Minolta’s All Covered Acquires Assets of America’s Remote Help Desk
- April 2015: Konica Minolta’s All Covered Acquires Boston-Based EveryNetwork
- February 2015: Konica Minolta’s All Covered Acquires Preferred Networks
- December 2014: Konica Minolta’s All Covered Acquires Assets of Two Cloud-Computing Companies
- October 2014: Konica Minolta’s All Covered Now Offering Network-Security Services
- September 2014: Konica Minolta Acquires Results Engineering, Provider of Enterprise Content Management Solutions
- April 2014: Konica Minolta Acquires Pitney Bowes Canada’s Document Imaging Solutions
- April 2014: Konica Minolta Acquires ECM Provider AMS Imaging
- January 2014: Konica Minolta’s All Covered Acquires IT-Services Provider KnowledgeCentrix
- November 2013: Konica Minolta Now Offering Expanded IT Services