KYOCERA Document Solutions UK Enters Professional 3D-Printer Market with Launch of ProJet 4500
KYOCERA Document Solutions UK is launching the next phase of its strategic partnership with 3D-printer maker 3D Systems, and marking its entrance into the professional 3D-printer market with the launch of 3D Systems’ ProJet 4500 professional 3D printer.
According to the firm, the ProJet 4500 is the industry’s only photo-realistic full-color plastic 3D printer, combining the full-color output with durable plastic materials. Particularly suited to research and development, universities, and small production requirements, KYOCERA says the ProJet 4500 has the ability to create flexible yet strong full-color parts, and is ideal for producing a finished 3D model for the purposes of concept design, or product verification.
Trevor Maloney, product marketing manager for KYOCERA Document Solutions UK commented, “Following the announcement of our strategic partnership with 3D Systems earlier this year, we’re delighted to have expanded the product range on offer to our partners and end-users. As 3D printing becomes a more affordable technology we’re excited to offer solutions for all use types through one of the most comprehensive 3D portfolios in the U.K.”
The firm says other benefits of the ProJet 4500 include fast print capability, minimal waste, and the ability to produce multiple designs in one build, helping to reduce the costs and time currently associated with 3D printing, as it reduces the traditional reliance on third-party model makers and suppliers. By having the capability to build their own realistic 3D parts, users can also benefit from reducing their R&D costs and bring products to market faster.
As part of the partnership agreement between 3D Systems and KYOCERA, the ProJet 4500 is offered with a comprehensive support package underpinned by KYOCERA’s own service network. More information on the ProJet 4500 and Kyocera Document Solutions UK’s 3D-printing portfolio is available here.
- April 2015: Kyocera U.K. to Market 3D Systems’ CubePro and ProJet 3D Printers in U.K. and Ireland
- May 2015: Carolina Wholesale Group to Distribute 3D Systems’ Consumer 3D Printers
- May 2015: Konica Minolta Australia to Distribute 3D Systems’ 3D Printers
- February 2015: Canon Europe to Begin Selling and Servicing 3D Systems’ 3D Printers in U.K. and Ireland
- June 2014: With New 3D Systems Agreement, Konica Minolta is First to Sell 3D Printers through U.S. Office-Equipment Channel
- November 2013: 3D Systems Partners with Canon to Bring Manufacturing 3D Printers to Japan, with Sindoh to Bring Consumer 3D Printers to Korea