This Week in Imaging: PaperCut Review; New Dell MFPs, Printers; OKI Looks to Wide-Format Printing; More
We’re big OKI fans and delighted that OKI Japan appears interested in getting into the wide-format printer market. OKI has a reputation for unique printing solutions that’ve been enhanced by its recent introduction of envelope printers and five-color graphic-arts printers, and the addition of wide-format printers would only serve to enhance it. The company’s network of small dealers can also provide the “traditional” form of one-on-one service that would also enhance its wide-format offerings.
Some short cuts for this week’s news:
Lexmark completes its acquisition of Kofax, which appears to be a natural fit for Lexmark with its smart MFPs and focus on the software side of the office-imaging business, with its MFPs serving as on-ramps to its solutions for automating business-document processing.
Hewlett-Packard ramps up its production-printing portfolio with two new latex-ink production printers and a new press for printing on heavy-duty corrugated materials.
While printers and MFPs are only a side business for Dell, it launched some interesting new A4 models this week, along with Dell Printer Hub.
Canon introduced a desktop document scanner that it says is optimized for scanning batches of mixed-size and card-size originals, eliminating users the pain-staking process of manually sorting and scanning in separate batches. Other new hardware from Canon this week was an A3 color MFP. While only some vendors typically tout their MFPs’ small footprint, it was interesting to see Canon touting its MFP’s small footprint, apparently reflecting a demand for more nimble, space-friendly hardware among customers.
- Review: Print and Save with PaperCut Print-Management Solution – Read more here.
- New Dell MFPs, Workgroup Printer, Entry-Level Printer, Dell Printer Hub – Read more here.
- New Clean-Sheet Design A3 Color Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE C3300 Features MEAP, Small Footprint – Read more here.
- New Canon imageFORUMULA DR-C240 Scanner Designed for Mixed-Size Documents – Read more here.
- OKI Seeking to Enter Wide-Format Printer Business with Proposed Acquisition of Seiko I Infotech Business – Read more here.
- Lexmark Completes Kofax Acquisition; Bish is New President of Lexmark Enterprise Software Division – Read more here.
- Konica Minolta’s All Covered Acquires Assets of America’s Remote Help Desk – Read more here.
- Xerox Enhances Healthcare Business with Acquisition of Healthy Communities Institute – Read more here.
- Static Control Will Merge with Cartridge Chip-Maker Apex Microelectronics – Read more here.
Commercial and Production-Printing News
- New HP Latex 3500 and 3100 Latex-Ink Production Printers and HP Scitex 17000 Corrugated Press – Read more here.
- New Performance Package Adds Enhanced Image Quality to Xerox Wide-Format IJP 2000 – Read more here.
- EFI Launches VUTEk, its Fastest Roll-to-Roll Printer at FESPA 2015 – Read more here.
The Third Dimension