New Performance Package Adds Enhanced Image Quality to Xerox Wide-Format IJP 2000
May 18, 2015 – Xerox says producing wide-format printing applications faster with “spot-on” image quality is possible with its new Performance Package designed for its Xerox Wide Format IJP 2000. The optional package combines patented Xerox technology and scanning solutions for advanced image-quality management and multifunction capabilities.
The firm says that with the enhanced image-quality management, more high-coverage jobs can be produced faster by correcting streaking and banding that result from variations in print-head performance, a common challenge in high-speed, single-pass wide-format inkjet devices. At the same time, it says the scan-to-print and scan-to-file capabilities available through the Xerox 7742 Scan Solution allow documents with handwritten notations and amendments to be scanned then printed or filed, a necessity for technical documents.
The Performance Package runs on the IJP 2000’s Caldera GrandRIP+, and, according to Xerox, has an intuitive user interface, so the workflow remains centralized and simple. The calibration process takes less than 10 minutes and delivers optimal results when performed weekly as part of a regular maintenance routine, according to the firm.
The Xerox 7742 Scan Solution has an optical scanning resolution of 1,200 dpi, with user selectable resolutions at 50 dpi increments between 100 and 1,200 dpi. Speeds range from as fast as six inches/152 millimeters per second for color, to 13 inches/330 millimeters per second for black-and-white. The maximum scanning width is 42 inches/1,067 millimeters, matching the maximum width of IJP 2000 media.
The IJP 2000 prints as fast as 4,520 square feet/420 square meters per hour, producing high-quality color signs in as little as five seconds, 30-foot/9-meter banners in one minute, and production runs of 200 prints in approximately 20 minutes, on media as wide as 42 inches/107 centimeters.
The Xerox Wide Format IJP 2000 Performance Package is available immediately worldwide as a retrofit or an optional add-on.
- April 2015: NEW JOB FINISHER FOR XEROX WIDE-FORMAT IJP 2000 FOR PRINTING AS FAST AS FIVE SECONDS PER PAGE
- March 2015: NEW EFI FIERY DIGITAL FRONT ENDS FOR XEROX’S LATEST DIGITAL PRESSES
- March 2015: NEW XEROX 80-PPM VERSANT 80 PRESS, & COLOR 800I/1000I WITH GOLD, SILVER, & SPECIALTY INKS
- February 2015: NEW XEROX RIALTO 900 COLOR-INKJET PRODUCTION PRINTER FIRST TO BE DEVELOPED WITH IMPIKA
- November 2014: XEROX’S IMPIKA FOCUSING ON PRODUCT-SALES EXPANSION IN ASIA
- October 2014: XEROX ADDS MICR PRINTING AND COATING OPTIONS TO CIPRESS INKJET PRODUCTION-PRINTING SYSTEMS