May 19, 2015 – Canon U.S.A. is launching the imageFORMULA DR-C240 office document scanner ($795 MSRP) that’s designed for scanning different-size documents, including passports and ID cards. With its ability to scan and extract text from documents, Canon says this scanner is ideal for businesses seeking to facilitate check-in and identity-verification within various vertical markets including government, passenger transportation, accommodation services, rental and leasing services, insurance, financial, and legal services.
The new imageFORMULA DR-C240 scanner (shown above) may be used to integrate information into digital workflows for process-automation and information-distribution while helping to increase collaboration among individuals or workgroups.
The DR-C240 scanner is capable of scanning up to 45 ppm, with both sides of an item in a single pass, in color or black-and-white. Able to hold up to 60 sheets via its automatic document feeder, in addition to passports, the scanner can handle a variety of document types, including thick, thin, long, and over-size documents, and plastic or embossed cards.
The DR-C240 also comes equipped with double-feed detection functions and a one-touch release button to allow scanning to resume when a double feed is detected.
In addition to its standard carrier sheet, Canon says the scanner provides other user-friendly features to enhance its image-capture performance. The DR-C240 scanner’s control panel contains intuitive, accessible controls to start scanning operations, and pre-configure job tasks with one-touch job buttons. It can scan different-size documents in mixed batches to help eliminate document manual pre-sorting of documents.
Bundled with both Canon CaptureOnTouch and Canon CapturePerfect software, users can pre-configure scan tasks and choose from a selection of file-distribution options. With CaptureOnTouch, scanned documents can be sent directly to third-party cloud document-sharing and storing Web sites such as Evernote, Microsoft SharePoint, Dropbox, SugarSync, Google Drive, and OneDrive. The scanner is also bundled with ISIS and TWAIN scan drivers for integration with third-party software.
- March 2015: NEW CANON SCAN-TINI PORTABLE DOCUMENT SCANNER WITH SCAN-TO-CLOUD
- February 2015: NEW CANON IMAGEFORMULA DR-C225W FEATURES WIRELESS CONNECTIVITY, SCAN TO CLOUD
- December 2014: CANON EXPANDS OFFICE SCANNER LINE WITH NEW IMAGEFORMULA DR-F120
- September 2014: NEW CANON IMAGEFORMULA DR-M1060 OFFICE SCANNER FOR SCANNING LEDGER-SIZE ORIGINALS
- September 2014: NEW NEXT-GENERATION CANON ‘MAXIFY’ WIRELESS COLOR INKJETS WITH BUSINESS-ORIENTED FEATURE SET; NEW CANON INKJET MOBILE PRINTER
- February 2013: NEW CANON PRODUCTION SCANNERS, IMAGEFORMULA DR-G1130 AND DR-G1100, SCAN AT UP TO 130 PPM
- January 2013: CANON U.K. ROLLS OUT A3-SIZE PRODUCTION SCANNERS, IMAGEFORMULA DR-7550C AND DR-9050C