Konica Minolta Australia to Distribute 3D Systems’ 3D Printers
May 12, 2015 – 3D-printer maker 3D Systems reports that it’s entered into a distribution agreement with Konica Minolta Business Solutions Australia to provide its complete 3D printing product portfolio through Konica Minolta Australia’s network of dealers and authorized resellers, as well as its direct-sales channel throughout Australia. This builds on 3D Systems’ partnership with Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A. for distribution of 3D Systems’ 3D printers in the United States, which was announced last year.
With this alliance, Konica Minolta Australia will enter the 3D printing market to provide its customers access to 3D Systems’ printers for advanced manufacturing solutions. Konica Minolta Australia plans to focus on education, manufacturing, architects, and print bureaus.
Some of the first products that Konica Minolta Australia will resell from 3D Systems include:
- The ProJet 3500 Series Professional 3D Printer, which is positioned as ideal for engineering, manufacturing, and mechanical environments, for rapid manufacturing, functional testing, design communication, rapid tooling, and more.
- The ProJet 660 Professional 3D Printer targets consumer products, healthcare, education, and other vertical-market customers who are interested in printing full-color, photo-realistic models for product design, prototypes, assemblies, and color-concept models.
“Our goal is to arm our nationwide, exceptional sales organization with cutting-edge products, solutions, and services that help our customers grow their business and gain a competitive edge,” said George Fryer, general manager for production sales at Konica Minolta Australia.
“We are excited to work with a partner like Konica Minolta Australia and expand our coverage through their established network to accelerate 3D printing adoption,” commented Michele Marchesan, vice president and chief revenue officer for 3D Systems. “Konica Minolta brings strong customer relationships, service and support, and provides us an opportunity to extend our advanced 3D printing technology to a wider range of customers and applications.”
- May 2015: CAROLINA WHOLESALE GROUP TO DISTRIBUTE 3D SYSTEMS’ CONSUMER 3D PRINTERS
- April 2015: KYOCERA U.K. TO MARKET 3D SYSTEMS’ CUBEPRO AND PROJET 3D PRINTERS IN U.K. AND IRELAND
- February 2015: CANON EUROPE TO BEGIN SELLING AND SERVICING 3D SYSTEMS’ 3D PRINTERS IN U.K. AND IRELAND
- June 2015: WITH NEW 3D SYSTEMS AGREEMENT, KONICA MINOLTA IS FIRST TO SELL 3D PRINTERS THROUGH U.S. OFFICE-EQUIPMENT CHANNEL
- July 2014: KONICA MINOLTA LAYS OUT COMPELLING ROADMAP FOR PRINTING: FROM PRODUCTION, TO OFFICE, A4, AND 3D PRINTING
- December 2013: 3D-PRINTER MAKER 3D SYSTEMS TO ACQUIRE PART OF XEROX’S SOLID-INK ENGINEERING AND DEVELOPMENT TEAMS
- November 2013: 3D SYSTEMS PARTNERS WITH CANON TO BRING MANUFACTURING 3D PRINTERS TO JAPAN, WITH SINDOH TO BRING CONSUMER 3D PRINTERS TO KOREA
- August 2013: OFFICE DEPOT NOW SELLING 3D PRINTERS THAT START AT $1,299