More than 100 Billion Pages Printed with HP’s Inkjet Web Platform
May 7, 2015 – Hewlett-Packard reports that its InkJet Web Press platform for production and commercial printing has reached a major print milestone of more than 100 billion letter-size pages printed. Laid side-by-side, it says this volume of pages could travel to the moon and back 36 times.
Since its 2008 debut at the Drupa trade show, HP says its InkJet Web Press platform showcases how HP customers are growing their businesses with HP high-speed production digital color inkjet.
According to HP, digital print-production with HP InkJet Web Press Technology has enabled:
- More impactful communication to end users: Global brands and retailers are moving beyond standard transactional printing of credit-card and bank statements, coupons, and catalogues. With digital production inkjet, HP says brands are enhancing their transactional communication to end users with customized campaigns that are more effective and result in increased response-rates.
- Business growth for printers and brands alike: HP InkJet enables commercial printers to produce more innovative prints that help grow their businesses with new customers
- Printing-on-demand: The firm says that with HP InkJet, not only can customers deploy a more efficient workflow operation, digital-production inkjet allows them to produce the print volumes clients want, when they want it, while saving time and money on unnecessary print jobs. For example, publishing companies can now deploy an on-demand printing strategy, reducing the waste of discarded volumes on warehouse shelves.
HP’s Inkjet Web Press represents 30 years of HP’s inkjet technology:
- In 2005, HP introduced Scalable Print Technology (SPT) that leverages thermal inkjet printing technology across multiple platforms.
- In 2008, HP introduced a new start-up division, HP InkJet High-speed Production Solutions (IHPS). The first order of business was leveraging SPT to unveil the new HP InkJet Web Press Technology platform with the HP T300, the graphics industry’s first high-quality, high-productivity inkjet web press.
- Since the first installation six years ago, HP says its InkJet Web Press customer base has grown worldwide, transforming the publishing industry as well as enabling new business models and high-volume applications in production mail, commercial printing, and, most recently, corrugated packaging.
- April 2015: HP PREVIEWS NEW PAGEWIDE XL WIDE-FORMAT COLOR INKJET PRODUCTION PRINTERS
- February 2015: NEW HP INKJET NOZZLE ARCHITECTURE SAID TO DOUBLE PRODUCTION-PRINTERS’ PRINT RESOLUTION
- June 2014: HP ROLLS OUT NEXT-GENERATION HP INDIGO 7800 AND WS6800 DIGITAL PRESSES FOR PRINTERS
- June 2014: IN ‘DISRUPTIVE’ MOVE, HP WILL BRING PAGE-WIDE COLOR INKJET PRINTING TO LARGE-FORMAT PRODUCTION PRINTING
- April 2014: NEW LATEX INK, DESIGNJET PRINTERS FROM HP