Xerox Enhances Mobile-Printing and Workflow Suite with Mobile Link App, Mobile Access App, Updates Mobile Print Cloud
April 28, 2015 – Xerox today released several new and updated business apps designed for facilitating mobile printing and mobile work processes, including updates to its Xerox Mobile Print Cloud, and new Mobile Link App, Mobile Access App, and Sagemcom XMediusCLOUD Fax App.
Xerox Mobile Print Cloud 3.0
Xerox’s newly updated Mobile Print Cloud 3.0 now supports mobile printing from most mobile devices to any printer or MFP, regardless of brand. New capability now also enables direct connection to cloud printing without the need for additional infrastructure. Users may submit print jobs via email to a universal address. They may also specify a PIN code with their print job, and then release the job for printing at the MFP or printer by entering their PIN code at the device’s control panel, keeping print jobs secure.
Xerox Mobile Link App
With the new Xerox Mobile Link App, users can create personalized, one-touch workflows on their mobile device to remotely control a Xerox MFP and send documents to the cloud, fax, email, or other destinations. Once created, the workflows are saved as icons in the app, so that the workflows may be used again:
- Connects Xerox MFPs to personalized cloud, fax, and email destinations.
- Provides one-touch workflows to be created for sending documents to one or multiple locations.
- Uses the customer’s current IT infrastructure and setup; no middleware is required.
Customers will be able to download the Xerox Mobile Link App from the Apple Store at the end of April, and from Google Play in September.
Xerox Mobile Access App
Xerox notes that of the 15 million visually impaired U.S. residents, nearly 38 percent are employed. A new Xerox solution, the Xerox Mobile Access App, is designed to help these users, as well as the hearing-impaired and wheelchair users, as it enables users to operate a Xerox ConnectKey-enabled MFP from a tablet. The app features audio and talk-back features, as well as over-size, easy-to-see application icons, and an adjustable mounting bracket for viewing a tablet at various heights, accommodating those that use wheelchairs:
- Enables user to view and operate a Xerox ConnectKey Technology-enabled MFP remotely from a tablet.
- With the app, users can use the MFP’s copy, fax, scan to email, and use secure print-release.
- Optimized for blind and visually impaired users as an accessibility solution with talk-back capability.
The Xerox Mobile Access App will be available at the end of June, when it can be downloaded from either Google Play or the Apple Store.
Sagemcom XMediusCLOUD Fax App
Xerox’s new Sagemcom XMediusCLOUD Fax App is a cloud solution that Xerox says provides more efficient transmissions of faxes and streamlined workflow from the MFP or an organization’s email system. As a cloud technology offering, Xerox says customers only pay for what is needed or used.
The Sagemcom XMediusCLOUD Fax App is available worldwide via Xerox channel partners.
Mobile Printing for Android Users
Also available from Xerox is mobile printing for Android mobile-device users. Android mobile users can download the Xerox Print Service Plug-in, which Xerox says provides a range of print options, including paper and color selection, document-finishing features such as stapling and collating, and specifying a PIN code for a secure release at Xerox ConnectKey-enabled MFP. Available for free as a download at Google Play, the app identifies and configures the device to Xerox MFPs, Xerox ConnectKey-enabled MFPs, and office printers.
For Android users in a mixed-vendor print environment, the Mopria Alliance (of which Xerox is a founding member) provides a universal plug-in that includes print-jobs options for two-sided printing, specifying paper size, and page range. According to Xerox, this universal Android plug-in ideal option for mixed managed print services (MPS) environments where Xerox and non-Xerox printers and MFPs are installed. It provides basic print options, such as two-sided printing, sided, paper size, and page range.
- April 2015: NEW XEROX COMPLETEVIEW USER ANALYTICS TOOL FOR MPS, MONITORING USERS’ PRINTING
- April 2015: NEW XEROX WORKFLOW-OPTIMIZATION SOLUTIONS, DOCUSHARE PRIVATE CLOUD
- February 2015: NEW MOBILE-FRIENDLY XEROX DESKTOP COLOR PRINTER, MFP WITH APPLE AIRPRINT, GOOGLE CLOUD PRINT, WIFI-DIRECT MOBILE PRINTING
- September 2014: XEROX TARGETS SMB SEGMENT WITH NEW MPS (AND FREE PRINTER) PLAN; NEW CONNECTKEY MULTIFUNCTIONALS FOR SMB; MORE
- April 2014: XEROX ADDS ENHANCEMENTS TO PRINT-WORKFLOW SECURITY, NEW MOPRIA CERTIFICATION ON THE WAY
- February 2014: MOPRIA MOBILE-PRINTING ALLIANCE SAYS MOPRIA-CERTIFIED PRINTERS ON THE WAY; ADDS MANY NEW MEMBERS