April 28, 2015 – Ricoh Americas reports that it’s launching its CHAMPS Cloud IT Services, a cloud-based services portfolio developed exclusively for U.S. Ricoh dealers. CHAMPS Cloud IT Services is based on technology solutions from mindSHIFT, which Ricoh acquired last year. The new program will provide Ricoh dealers with services such as Total IT Help Desk, Server Management, Hosted Exchange Email, and Email Archiving.
According to Ricoh, CHAMPS Cloud IT Services will enable its dealers to provide cloud and mobile IT services without putting up a large upfront investment. Ricoh says that with more than 15 years of experience, mindSHIFT will provide Ricoh dealers with the most widely used and in-demand cloud IT services from a variety of recognized industry leaders through an easy-to-use Web-based control panel that provides automated service activation and account management.
The CHAMPS Cloud IT Services portfolio includes:
- Total IT Help Desk: U.S.-based technical support to manage end-user devices 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- Server Management: Whether the customer’s servers are on premise, in a data center or in the cloud, Ricoh says mindSHIFT’s server-management technicians know how to manage and proactively support them.
- Hosted Exchange Email: Enables customers to benefit from business email without the IT management, providing email, calendars, and contacts.
- Email Archiving: Enables users to safely archive and easily access email for storage, compliance, eDiscovery, and disaster-recovery requirements.
Ricoh says its CHAMPS program eliminates the need for dealers to work with or manage multiple vendors, as it is a single source for their copy, print, and IT-management needs. The Ricoh CHAMPS program consists of managed document and business process services, digital imaging services, production print services, and now Cloud IT services.
Jim Coriddi, vice president of Ricoh USA’s Dealer Division commented, “We mean it when we say our goal is to collaborate with our dealer partners so that we can both be successful. To me, that dedication is evidenced by the launch of Ricoh’s CHAMPS Cloud IT Services. With mindSHIFT’s technologies, services, and expertise added to our unique and unmatched CHAMPS services portfolio, we are providing dealers with a services-led approach to grow their businesses without large upfront investments. Our partners asked for support ultimately running healthier businesses, and we’re confident this launch addresses just that.”
- January 2014: RICOH TO ACQUIRE MANAGED SERVICES PROVIDER MINDSHIFT TECHNOLOGIES
- April 2015: RICOH BRINGS ‘BIG-BUSINESS POWER’ TO SMALL OFFICES WITH NEW DESKTOP A4 PRINTER, MFPS
- March 2015: RICOH’S MINDSHIFT LAUNCHES CLOUD SERVERS IN AMAZON’S WEB SERVICES MARKET
- March 2015: NEW RICOH A3 MFPS FEATURE MOBILE PRINT, ICE INTEGRATION, START AT $12,250
- February 2015: NEW RICOH DESKTOP A4 PRINTER SP 4510DN, SP 4510SF MFP START AT $725
- February 2015: TWO NEW FLEET-MANAGEMENT SOLUTIONS FROM RICOH, DEVICE MANAGER NX PRO, DEVICE MANAGER NX ENTERPRISE
- February 2015: RICOH INTRODUCES ‘LEGAL MFP’ OPTIMIZED FOR STREAMLINING LEGAL DOCUMENT PROCESSES, ADDS ICONECT-XERA SUPPORT
- December 2014: RICOH PARTNERS WITH LRS SOLUTIONS TO PROVIDE MANAGED, SECURE PRINTING FOR HEALTHCARE
- November 2014: NEW RICOH MFP SERIES WITH OPTIONAL SMART OPERATION PANEL FOR TABLET AND SMARTPHONE USE
- October 2014: RICOH EXPANDS FUJITSU OFFERINGS TO INCLUDE NETWORK STORAGE, SERVERS, TABLETS AND NOTEBOOKS