New Xerox CompleteView User Analytics Tool for MPS, Monitoring Users’ Printing
April 28, 2015 – Xerox is introducing its latest managed print services (MPS)/print-management solution, CompleteView User Analytics Tool. Developed by U.K.-based Newfield It, which Xerox purchased in May 2011, unlike other print-management solutions that simply monitor networked devices, CompleteView User Analytics Tool provides insight into user printing behavior. The ultimate goal is to save enterprises money by eliminating users’ unnecessary printing.
Under Xerox’s Xerox Analytics Platform Strategy, the User Analytics Tool, which will be available in North America and Europe in the second quarter, completes the ability of Xerox to see the enterprise’s total environment: from device, to document, to user.
the Complete View User Analytics Tool essentially identifies what and how users print, as well as identify unnecessary, non-essential user printing. It integrates with other print-management tools, including: Equitrac, Safecom, and Print Audit, provides a user-friendly Web interface, and, according to Xerox, provides a simpler form of print-job accounting.
The Complete View User Analytics Tool’s dashboard (Web interface), identified users’ percent of black-and-white and color printing, and can indicate printing by user, department, cost center, and date range.
According to Xerox’s Don Dixon, senior vice president of marketing and communications for Xerox’s Large Enterprises division, this is “next-generation managed print services,” and the Xerox message is “print for less and print less.” Does this make sense for a copier/printer company? No. But Xerox is no longer a printer/copier company. With Xerox’s revenue increasingly being made up by revenue derived from services, solutions, and managed print services, Xerox – as Xerox CEO Ursula Burns once put it – is a document company, and “will go where the document is.” Helping companies better manage their documents and attendant business processes – and doing it more cost-effectively – is the message today.
- January 2015: XEROX TO MARKET KOFAX’S TOTAL AGILITY PLATFORM TO ENHANCE ITS MPS AND DOCUMENT-MANAGEMENT SERVICES
- November 2014: NEW SOLUTIONS FROM XEROX SUPPORT PAPER-LESS DOCUMENT PROCESSES; ALSO NOW OFFERING HYLAND ONBASE AND DATAWATCH SOLUTIONS
- September 2014: XEROX TARGETS SMB SEGMENT WITH NEW MPS (AND FREE PRINTER) PLAN; NEW CONNECTKEY MULTIFUNCTIONALS FOR SMB; MORE
- May 2014: XEROX TARGETS SMB SEGMENT WITH NEW MPS (AND FREE PRINTER) PLAN; NEW CONNECTKEY MULTIFUNCTIONALS FOR SMB; MORE
- April 2014: NEW XEROX PRINTASSIST ENABLES IT SERVICE PROVIDERS TO MANAGE PRINT ENVIRONMENTS