ABBYY Expands Presence in Middle East with New Dubai Office
April 23, 2015 – ABBYY reports that it’s set up a new office in the Middle East, ABBYY IT Dubai, which is based in Jumeirah Lake Towers, Dubai, in the United Arab Emirates. The new company will provide sales and marketing support to ABBYY’s partners and customers across the region.
ABBYY says a local presence in the Middle East marks an important milestone in its ongoing strategy of business development and strengthening channel partnership in the region. “We have reached the point where we can implement projects of an enormous scale aimed to preserve Arabic cultural heritage and digitize precious paper archives, and this definitely requires a direct involvement,” commented Helen Pospelova, CEO of ABBYY 3A.
ABBYY’s technologies and products for the Middle East support the Arabic language, and the technical and legislative specifics of the region. They include the ABBYY FineReader family of Optical Character Recognition (OCR) products for developers, businesses, and consumers, ABBYY FlexiCapture solutions for data- and document-capture, ABBYY Recognition Server for e-archiving, mobile solutions, and more.
“As of today, we have implemented over 100 projects on the basis of ABBYY solutions both in the government and private sectors of the region. ABBYY technologies process over 9.3 billion pages of documents annually with significant part of this workflow coming from the Middle East,” said Igor Shkamratov, regional manager for ABBYY Middle East and Africa, ABBYY 3A. “The true value of innovations is in the resources and possibilities they provide for the region. Tens of millions of U.S. dollars are saved every year by automating paper-bound processes – to be invested into economic and cultural development, creation of new jobs, improving the quality of life and so on.”
For local partners and clients, the direct presence of ABBYY in Dubai will ease rendering of technical support across the entire region and organizing visits of ABBYY’s technical specialists. The new company will become a liaison between the local market and ABBYY’s R&D team by providing feedback on ABBYY products received from local clients and partners. ABBYY says this will allow it to improve its technologies and adapt solutions based on the particular needs of clients in the Middle East.
“The Middle East is a fast-developing and competitive market that demands excellent service from technology providers. It is important for ABBYY’s business in the region to provide fast sales, marketing and technical support on site. We believe that local presence will make ABBYY an even more attractive partner for local companies,” commented Igor Shkamratov.
- March 2015: ABBYY EXPANDS NORTH AMERICAN EXECUTIVE STAFF WITH ADDITION OF BRUCE ORCUTT
- February 2015: ABBYY’S UPDATED PDF TRANSFORMER+ PROVIDES FASTER PRINTING, START-UP, AND MORE
- December 2014: ABBYY EUROPE PARTNERING WITH FUJITSU TO EXPAND DOCUMENT-CAPTURE SOLUTIONS
- July 2014: ABBYY RELEASES NEXT GENERATION OF FINEREADER ONLINE WITH NEW DOCUMENT-CONVERSION FEATURES
- May 2014: NEXT-GENERATION ABBYY RECOGNITION SERVER FEATURES EXTENDED PDF CAPABILITIES, DIRECT SHAREPOINT INTEGRATION
- April 2014: NEXT-GENERATION ABBYY FINEREADER 12 CORPORATE OCR SOFTWARE WITH UPGRADES
- April 2014: NEW ABBYY PDF TRANSFORMER+ NOW SHIPPING WORLDWIDE
- February 2014: ABBYY RELEASES NEXT GENERATION OF FINEREADER OCR SOFTWARE WITH FASTER DOCUMENT CONVERSION, MORE
- December 2013: NEW PROFESSIONAL OCR TOOL FOR MAC USERS FROM ABBYY