HP Appoints Antonio Lucio Chief Marketing Officer of HP Inc.
April 14, 2015 – Hewlett-Packard reports that Antonio Lucio will become chief marketing officer of HP Inc., which consists of HP’s PC and printing businesses, following HP’s separation into two new publicly traded Fortune 50 companies. Lucio will report to Dion Weisler, future Chief Executive Officer of HP Inc.
“Since announcing our plans to separate we have made great progress in designing how HP Inc. will operate in order to foster an entrepreneurial spirit that is built around innovation and quality,” commented Dion Weisler, executive vice president, HP Printing & Personal Systems (PPS). “Antonio’s vision for a world-class marketing organization and comprehensive experience cultivating iconic global brands make him the perfect leader to join our team and take the HP Inc. mission forward.”
Lucio will join HP after spending eight years at Visa, where he was most recently the global chief brand officer responsible for all global brand and product-marketing and global communications. Lucio also held the position of chief marketing officer at Visa as Visa prepared for its IPO (Initial Public Offering) in 2008, and lead the development of that brand’s first-ever global positioning and brand-identity system. Prior to Visa, Lucio held marketing roles at PepsiCo, and early in his career he focused on regional marketing in Latin America for major companies including P. Morris Kraft, Del Monte, and P&G.
- March 2015: HP REVAMPS CHANNEL-PARTNER PROGRAMS TO HELP PARTNERS WITH ITS SEPARATION INTO TWO COMPANIES
- February 2015: SLOW QUARTER FOR HP, BUT PRINTER EARNINGS STRONG
- January 2015: HP ANNOUNCES NEW CHAIN OF COMMAND FOR HP ENTERPRISE AND HP INC.
- November 2014: FLAT FOURTH QUARTER FOR HP; REPORTS FULL-YEAR RESULTS
- October 2014: HP TO SPLIT INTO TWO COMPANIES, ONE DEDICATED TO ENTERPRISE SOLUTIONS, ONE TO PERSONAL COMPUTING AND PRINTING