OKI Europe Rolls Out New A3 ‘Smart’ MC800 Color MFP Series
April 15, 2015 – OKI Europe reports that it’s launched new A3 “smart” MFPs with enhanced ease-of-use and functionality. Based on parent company OKI’s LED-printing technology, the new A3 MFPs (print and scan on up to 11″x17″ media) also incorporate OKI’s sXP (smart Extendable Platform), OKI’s embedded open platform for adding optional business and document-management solutions.
The MC800 series, which consists of the MC853 and MC873, are backed by OKI Europe’s three-year extended warranty, and are being marketed as more compact and less-expensive versions of more costly and complex competitive copier-based devices, and are designed for small to mid-size businesses, as well as departments within larger organisations.
Print speeds is up to 35 ppm, while scan speeds is up to 50 ppm. All models support Google Cloud Print and Apple AirPrint for mobile printing. The MFPs are also bundled with ABBYY FineReader Sprint OCR (optical character recognition) software, a downloadable PC/Mac desktop application that enables users to convert paper documents, as well as PDF files and images, into editable and searchable text into 190 different languages.
The MC853 and MC873 also feature SENDYS Explorer LITE, a server-based software available to OKI smart MFP customers at no additional cost. It enables users to capture documents from various sources and convert, distribute, or upload them to a chosen location, providing greater flexibility to edit, access, print, retrieve, and share files. A for-pay premium version is also available.
The MFPs are also integrated circuit (IC) smart-card reader-ready for user management, secure printing, and managing print jobs. Standard functions include print, copy, scan, and fax.
Three versions of the MC853 and MC873 are available: a dn configuration (includes automatic duplex printing and network connectivity), a dnct configuration (automatic duplex printing, network connectivity, cabinet, second paper tray), and a dnv configuration (automatic duplex printing and network connectivity, and second, third and fourth paper trays).
- The MC853 is rated at 23 ppm in color and black-and-white modes printing on A4-size media.
- The MC873 is rated at 35 ppm in color and black-and-white modes printing on A4-size media.
- The MC853 is rated at 13 ppm in color and black-and-white modes printing on A3-size media.
- The MC873 is rated at 20 ppm in color and black-and-white modes printing on A3-size media
- Print resolution is 1,200 x 600 dpi, while copy and scan resolution is 600 x 600 dpi.
- Standard PCL 6 and PCL 5c, and PostScript3 print drivers for MS Windows and Apple Mac.
- Standard 400-sheet paper tray; up to 935 sheets for dnct configuration, and up to 2,005 sheets for dnv configuration.
- 7″ touch screen.
- Cyan, yellow, and magenta color toner cartridges each yield up to 7,3 000 pages.
- Black toner cartridge yields up 10,000 pages.
- The MC873 may be equipped with a toner cartridge yielding up to 15,000 pages.
For more information and complete specifications on OKI Europe’s MC873, visit OKI Europe here.
Editor’s Note: We’ll have much more information on the MC800 series, including OKI Data Americas’ launch of the series, as well as information on new OKI products, on April 28th.
- April 2015: OKI ROLLS OUT NEW ‘SMART’ A3 COLOR MC873 MFP SERIES WITH LATEST SMART EXTENDABLE PLATFORM
- March 2015: OKI DATA WILL OFFER MWAI’S FORZA SOLUTION FOR DEALERS
- March 2015: OKI TO DEMO NEW MFPS FOR BTA CHANNEL, LIGHT-PRODUCTION PRINT DEVICES AT ITEX SHOW
- February 2015: NEW OKI C931E, C941E FOR BOTH TRADITIONAL AND UNIQUE GRAPHIC-ARTS AND PRODUCTION PRINTING
- February 2015: OKI NET SALES AND INCOME UP FOR NINE-MONTH PERIOD AND THIRD QUARTER
- January 2015: NEW OKI A4 MODELS FEATURE MORE MEMORY FOR FASTER PRINT-JOB PROCESSING, WIFI PRINTING, MORE
- November 2014: OKI PROVIDES MORE DETAILS ON ITS NEW COREFIDO FIVE-YEAR FREE WARRANTY PROGRAM
- November 2014: OKI REPORTS FAVORABLE SALES GROWTH FOR ITS PRINTER BUSINESS, RAISES FORECAST FOR ITS FULL YEAR
- October 2014: CATCHING UP WITH OKI DATA AMERICAS: A4 AND MORE BRINGING SUCCESS
- September 2014: OKI RAISES FORECAST FOR FISCAL HALF YEAR DUE TO IMPROVING PRINTER BUSINESS
- September 2014: OKI DATA MULTIFUNCTIONALS NOW OFFER BUSINESS SOLUTIONS FROM MORE THAN 30 PARTNERS
- August 2014: OKI DATA RECEIVES COMPTIA TRUSTMARK RECOGNITION FOR MANAGED PRINT SERVICES