New Canon imageWARE Secure Adudit Manager Express V2.1 Audits MFP Document Activity
April 15, 2015 – Canon U.S.A. reports that its new imageWARE Secure Audit Manager (SAM) Express V2.1, a security software solution designed for auditing documents processed by supported Canon MFPs, is now available.
Canon notes that, according to the International Data Corporation (IDC), 80 percent of organizations expect to suffer at least one successful attack causing serious harm that requires remediation. IDC’s analysis also found the average total cost of a data breach was $1.3 million.
Detects Key Words in Documents
Now sold exclusively as a module within Canon’s uniFLOW, imageWARE SAM Express V2.1, software can detect key words within the document and notify administrators of potential leaks. The software provides a content-audit trail by monitoring various activities on supported Canon MFPs, including print, scan, fax, and copy.
Key Features and Benefits
imageWARE SAM Express V2.1 can archive images processed by Canon MEAP-embedded imageRUNNER and imageRUNNER ADVANCE MFPs, and can capture associated job attributes such as user, time, document type, and device function used. By archiving copies, prints, faxes, and scans, imageWARE SAM Express V2.1 enables administrators to audit the MFP’s internal document-processing activities.
The imageWARE SAM Express V2.1 can also send images through uniFLOW to produce an OCR-searchable text document of the archived image. Through a keyword-designation feature, keywords can be designated as high risk, and when scanned, printed, or copied, these key words can trigger sending of an alert email to IT or security administration so that they can respond as quickly as possible to the leak
imageWARE SAM Express V2.1 is now available, and sold exclusively as a module within uniFLOW, and is available through Canon authorized dealers.
- February 2015: EFI SELF-SERVE PRINT-FOR-PAY PRINT PRODUCTS NOW AVAILABLE FOR CANON MFPS
- January 2015: NEXT-GENERATION CANON COLOR IMAGECLASS MULTIFUNCTIONALS FEATURE COLOR TOUCH SCREEN, NEW V2 COLOR PROFILE, MORE
- September 2014: CANON’S LATEST UNIFLOW V5.3 PROVIDES NEW UNIFLOW RELEASE STATION FOR MULTI-VENDOR SECURE PRINT RELEASE, MORE SCAN TO CLOUD DESTINATIONS
- August 2014: SELECT MFPS SUPPORT NEW ANDROID VERSION OF CANON MOBILE SCANNING FOR BUSINESS
- August 2014: NEW THEREFORE ONLINE CLOUD-BASED INFORMATION-MANAGEMENT SYSTEM FROM CANON
- May 2014: CANON ANNOUNCES FIRST MULTIFUNCTIONALS, PRINTER CERTIFIED FOR MOPRIA MOBILE PRINTING