Ricoh Signs Up with Mimaki USA to Distribute Mimaki’s Flatbed Printers
April 9, 2015 – Ricoh Americas reports that it’s signed an agreement with Mimaki USA to distribute the Mimaki JFX200-2513 and Mimaki JFX500-2131 large-format flatbed color inkjet printers. The two printers will now available for purchase through Ricoh sales channels.
With this latest reseller agreement, Ricoh syas its continues to expand its hardware and software offerings for graphic-communications providers interested in growing or creating a wide-format printing business. Attendees of ISA International Sign Expo 2015 can visit the Ricoh booth #805 to see the JFX200-2513 model in action.
The Mimaki JFX200-2513 and JFX500-2131 printers are designed to address a variety of wide-format printing needs, including applications such as interior décor, indoor display panels, and outdoor signs; and are able to print on glass, metal, and more.
“With the new Mimaki flatbed wide-format printer that we purchased through Ricoh, we are now able to print on basically any type of substrate and on materials up to almost two-inches thick. Bottom line: the applications are endless. It really is an on-demand type of product,” commented Vince Lepera, vice president of sales and marketing at Pacful, Inc. “We printed a photo stock setting of ‘Route 66’ on double doors in our office using the Mimaki JFX200-2513, and when we have clients come in, it has an immediate wow factor.”
Both the JFX200-2513 and JFX500-2131 models use abrasion-resistant UV inks that are said to be durable in both indoor and outdoor conditions. The printers are capable of handling substrates up to 1.97 inches thick, and 4.2 x 8.2 feet in size for the JFX200-2513 model, and 6.9 x 10 feet for the JFX500-2131 model. Mimaki wide-format flatbed printers feature a long-life, energy-saving UV-LED curing unit that are said to help printers avoid time- and energy-cost sinks typically caused by longer warm-up and cool-down periods.
At the ISA International Sign Expo 2015, Ricoh will highlight key features of the JFX200-2513 flatbed printer, including:
- Two-layer print function: capable of printing separate layers of both white and CYMK color allows for faster printing on clear and transparent substrates.
- Vacuum table unit: controlled with ON/OFF switches located in the front area of the printer. The two toggle switches separately control each of the two vacuum partitions that facilitate accurate media positioning.
- Bulk ink supply system: with Mimaki’s newly developed ink-supply system, 1-liter bottles of UV ink can be quickly inserted and removed from the front of the printer. The system accommodates up to eight bottles of ink for CMYKx2 or CMYK+W+C and UV Primer ink.
- Direct to media/substrate printing – able to handle all types of media and substrates including acrylics, foam board, corrugated plastics, metal – almost any media up to 1.9” thick.
- Low-power, long-life UV-LED curing lamps are said to be ideal for printing on media that is vulnerable to thermal deformation or color change due to the lamps’ reduced heat output.
- February 2015: RICOH FIVE-COLOR PRO C7100X PRODUCTION PRINTER NOW AVAILABLE
- February 2015: RICOH EARNINGS UP 20.6 PERCENT, POSTS SALES GAINS FOR OFFICE AND PRODUCTION PRINTING
- October 2014: NEW LINE OF EFI FIERY SERVERS FOR LATEST RICOH COLOR PRODUCTION PRINTERS
- September 2014: RICOH PREVIEWING NEW PRO C7100X PRODUCTION COLOR-PRINTING FAMILY, NEW CONTINUOUS-FEED INKJET PRO VC60000 AT GRAPH EXPO
- September 2014: RICOH SIGNS ON TO SELL AND DISTRIBUTE XANTE COMMERCIAL- AND GRAPHIC-ARTS PRINTING SYSTEMS
- August 2014: RICOH OPENS NEW CUSTOMER CENTER FOR HANDS-ON DEMOS OF ITS PRODUCTION PRINTING