InfoTrends: Canon is U.S. and Worldwide Continuous-Feed Inkjet Printer Market-Share Leader
April 8, 2015 – Canon U.S.A.’s Canon Solutions America reports that it was named the U.S. and worldwide continuous-feed inkjet production-printer market share leader by IT market analyst firm InfoTrends. The InfoTrends report, published in March 2015, ranks Canon number-one in both U.S. national and worldwide continuous-feed inkjet-printer market share figures.
Last month, Canon Solutions America also reported that Canon had been named by International Data Corporation (IDC) as the U.S. continuous-feed production-print market-share leader with a 36-percent share. IDC released its findings in its report, U.S. Production Environment 2014 Vendor Shares, published in March 2015.
Canon says that Canon Solutions America has been instrumental in Canon’s resurgence as the U.S. continuous-feed printer leader, operating as the sales channel for production printers such as the Océ ImageStream 3500 and Océ ColorStream Twin Series inkjet printers.
“Canon and Canon Solutions America have leveraged the potential of inkjet and understand where it’s going not only in continuous feed, but also in cut-sheet,” commented Jim Hamilton, group director at InfoTrends. “Canon Solutions America’s innovation helps its customers as they implement white-paper-in/full-color-out workflows, just-in-time manufacturing, and fully customized document creation in ways that were never fully feasible before.”
Canon says its Canon Solutions America has gained market share due in part to its increased offerings to commercial-printer accounts. Future offerings will include the Océ VarioPrint i300 cut-sheet inkjet press.
- March 2015: IDC: CANON IS MARKET LEADER IN U.S. CUT-SHEET PRODUCTION-PRINT MARKET
- February 2015: CANON OFFICIALLY LAUNCHES ‘NIAGARA’ – THE OCÉ VARIOPRINT I300 FIRST-OF-ITS-KIND DIGITAL PRESS
- November 2014: CANON’S OCÉ DIVISION OFFICIALLY LAUNCHES ITS FIRST FULL-COLOR INKJET PRINTING SYSTEM
- November 2014: CANON LAUNCHES IMAGEPRESS C60 DIGITAL COLOR PRESS WITH OPTIONAL NEW FIERY SERVERS
- September 2014: CANON ADDS NEXT-GENERATION IMAGEPRESS C800 DIGITAL COLOR PRESS SERIES FOR COMMERCIAL PRINTERS
- July 2014: IDC: GLOBAL DIGITAL COLOR PRODUCTION-PRINT MARKET TO REACH NEARLY $25 BILLION FROM 2014-2018
- June 2014: IDC: GLOBAL PRODUCTION-PRINTING MARKET ACHIEVES DOUBLE-DIGIT GROWTH IN FIRST-QUARTER 2014
- May 2014: IDC: HIGH-SPEED INKJET-PRINTING WILL CONTINUE TO DOMINATE GLOBAL CONTINUOUS-FEED PRODUCTION-PRINTING MARKET
- September 2013: IDC: WORLDWIDE PRODUCTION-PRINTER SYSTEM SHIPMENTS UP 15 PERCENT
- August 2013: PRINTER, MFP SHIPMENTS PLUMMET IN WESTERN EUROPE, BUT SOME GAINS IN A3 COLOR MFPS AND PRODUCTION PRINTING