Lexmark Launches New Tagline, ‘Open the Possibilities,’ and Logo
April 7, 2015 – Lexmark International reports that it’s introducing a new corporate brand and logo. The firm says the re-branding reflects both the evolution of the company – which was spun out of IBM in 1991 as a printer company – to today, where it’s selling its products and services in more than 170 countries, and is a recognized leader in managed print services (MPS).
The firm says its re-branding represents its ongoing transition into a company well beyond its printer-hardware heritage. Today Lexmark competes in key growth markets that include MPS, intelligent capture, enterprise-content management (ECM), healthcare-content management, financial-process automation, and enterprise search.
Lexmark’s Perceptive Software division will also drop its company name and be known as the Lexmark Enterprise Software division, but key Perceptive products will keep the Perspective name, such as Perceptive Content, Perceptive Intelligent Capture, and Perceptive Search.
It says its new logo – shown above – “evokes the clarity, value and durability of the traditional Lexmark diamond, evolving to an aperture, which represents the broader offering – a portal to insight, a means of focus. The green palette is fresh, vibrant, and approachable, representing Lexmark’s strength, focus on sustainability and growth, as well as our commitment to earning ‘customers for life.’ The new typeface lends a modern, clean look and features angles that precisely reflect the aperture.”
Lexmark also introduced a new brand tagline, “Open the possibilities,” which the firm says invites customers to engage with Lexmark for greater opportunities for success with Lexmark’s broader technology and solutions portfolio.
- March 2015: LEXMARK TO ACQUIRE KOFAX FOR $1 BILLION – WILL CREATE ‘BROADEST’ PORTFOLIO OF DOCUMENT- AND DATA-CAPTURE SOLUTIONS
- January 2015: LEXMARK REPORTS LOSS FOR FOURTH QUARTER, BUT SEVENTH CONSECUTIVE QUARTER OF REVENUE GROWTH
- January 2015: LEXMARK ACQUIRES CLARON, PROVIDER OF MEDICAL-IMAGING AND DISTRIBUTION SOFTWARE
- January 2015: XEROX TO MARKET KOFAX’S TOTAL AGILITY PLATFORM TO ENHANCE ITS MPS AND DOCUMENT-MANAGEMENT SERVICES
- December 2014: PRINT AUDIT’S EMBEDDED PRINT-MANAGEMENT SOLUTION NOW COMPATIBLE WITH LEXMARK MFPS
- November 2014: LEXMARK WINS $100 MILLION MANAGED PRINT SERVICES CONTRACT FROM ALBERTA HEALTH SERVICES
- November 2014: READSOFT IS NOW OFFICIALLY PART OF LEXMARK INTERNATIONAL, MERGED INTO PERCEPTIVE SOFTWARE
- October 2014: NEW SERVER-LESS LEXMARK ACCUREAD PROVIDES AUTOMATIC ROUTING, DATA EXTRACTION, NOTIFICATIONS FOR SCANNED DOCUMENTS
- October 2014: STRONG QUARTER FOR LEXMARK; MPS AND PERCEPTIVE SOFTWARE REVENUE FORECAST TO REACH $1 BILLION
- July 2014: STRONG QUARTER FOR LEXMARK; GROWTH IN MPS; INCREASES FULL-YEAR OUTLOOK
- April 2014: REVENUE, EARNINGS DOWN FOR LEXMARK’S FIRST QUARTER, BUT EXCEEDS FORECAST