This Week in Imaging: HP Enterprise LaserJets with Next-Generation Security; Latest OKI BTA Color MFP; Booming 3D-Printer Market; More
We’re big fans of HP’s Instant Ink Program and pleased to hear that HP is increasing its efforts to tell everybody about its similar SureSupply Auto Delivery for toner. What’s even more interesting is that HP now claims that SureSupply will include third-party toner cartridges as well. We don’t have a list of supported third-party printers yet, but we suspect that there will soon be some disgruntled third-party campers. A major question remains: will HP use OEM or remanufactured supplies for third-party printers?
With paperless communication on the rise and no end in sight, Epson makes another smart move by securing certification for PSIGEN Software document-capture solution designed for compliance-heavy vertical markets such as healthcare, government, legal, etc. Overall, it’s part of the current trend where companies such as Epson are moving away from the slowly declining consumer-printing segment into more business-oriented print and scan.
OKI’s new A3 color MFP looks intriguing. We’ll have more on it in about two weeks when OKI explains more about what appears to be a new control panel and platform in an online Webinar. So far, it looks like OKI is using their own platform as opposed to Toshiba’s e-BRIDGE platform.
Canon India’s strategy of focusing on printers as sales of compact cameras decline makes obvious sense. Compact cameras are cheaper than many printers and are a one-time purchase with little or no aftermarket revenues. Granted, back in the day Fuji and Kodak marketed their own film cameras and enjoyed considerable aftermarket revenue from film sales. But today’s digital cameras use cheap memory cards that are available from numerous manufacturers. With printers of course there’s years of toner and ink sales to come.
Last but not least, kudos to the brilliant folks at Print Audit with their PrintMore solution. Apparently, it forces printing of whatever’s displayed on the user’s mobile device – whether the user wants to print or not – a solution guaranteed to generate more page clicks and toner and ink consumption, as well as certainly liven things up at any office!
- Next-Generation HP Enterprise LaserJet Printers; Extending Automated Toner-Supply to Other Brands Read more here.
- OKI Rolls Out New ‘Smart’ A3 Color MC873 MFP Series with Latest smart Extendable Platforms Read more here.
- ECi Releases New Central v4.0 User Interface for FMAudit Managed Print Services Solution Read more here.
- New Fujitsu fi-6400 Production-Level Document Scanner Scans at up to 100 PPM Read more here.
- Epson WorkForce Document Scanners Certified for Use with PSIGEN Software Read more here.
- New York Court Upholds Injunction Against Kodak in Collins Ink-Supply Dispute Read more here.
- Konica Minolta Expanding its MPM Production-Print Program to U.S. and Japan Read more here.
- Brother Survey: Small-Business Owners Now More Willing to Invest in Their Businesses Read more here.
- Canon India Focusing on Laser Printers as Compact-Camera Sales Decline Read more here.
- Print Audit’s PrintMore Automatically Generates Print Jobs from Mobile Devices Read more here.
- 3D-Printer Market Reaches Over $3.3 Billion Worldwide in 2014 Read more here.
- Kyocera U.K. to Market 3D Systems’ CubePro and ProJet 3D Printers in U.K. and Ireland Read more here.
The Third Dimension