Kyocera U.K. to Market 3D Systems’ CubePro and ProJet 3D Printers in U.K. and Ireland
April 2, 2015 – Earlier in March (March 3rd), Kyocera Document Solutions U.K. announced a partnership with 3D-printer maker 3D Systems under which it’ll be adding 3D Systems’ products to its portfolio, starting with the CubePro 3D-printer family and followed by the ProJet 3D-printer range, which will be available in the second quarter.
Back in February 2015, Canon U.K. also announced that it would be distributing 3D Systems’ 3D printers in the United Kingdom and Ireland. In June 2014, Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A. became the first office-equipment vendor to market 3D Systems’ 3D printers through the U.S. office-equipment channel.
3D Systems’ CubePro uses Plastic Jet Printing, which it says is ideal for use in schools and small businesses, while the ProJet Colour Jet Printing range is suitable for research and development, universities, and small production. Kyocera U.K. is also offering a range of Cubify software for creating 3D projects.
The firm says it’ll be making 3D print “office friendly: with out-of-the-box Green Button Training for users.
Trevor Maloney, product marketing manager for Kyocera Document Solutions U.K., commented, “3D print is being viewed increasingly as a must-have print product and we’re delighted to offer the extensive 3D Systems range to our partners and end-users. We’ve selected the CubePro family as ideal for the education market, while the ProJet professional range offers a perfect solution for organizations’ prototyping and verifying products. We now offer our partners and end-users one of the most comprehensive 3D portfolios in the U.K., backed by Kyocera’s excellent technical support and customer service, which means they can be confident about 3D.”
- February 2015: CANON EUROPE TO BEGIN SELLING AND SERVICING 3D SYSTEMS’ 3D PRINTERS IN U.K. AND IRELAND
- December 2014: HERSHEY’S UNVEILS 3D-CHOCOLATE PRINTER FROM 3D SYSTEMS
- June 2014: WITH NEW 3D SYSTEMS AGREEMENT, KONICA MINOLTA IS FIRST TO SELL 3D PRINTERS THROUGH U.S. OFFICE-EQUIPMENT CHANNEL
- December 2013: 3D-PRINTER MAKER 3D SYSTEMS TO ACQUIRE PART OF XEROX’S SOLID-INK ENGINEERING AND DEVELOPMENT TEAMS
- November 2013: 3D SYSTEMS PARTNERS WITH CANON TO BRING MANUFACTURING 3D PRINTERS TO JAPAN, WITH SINDOH TO BRING CONSUMER 3D PRINTERS TO KOREA