OKI Rolls Out New ‘Smart’ A3 Color MC873 MFP Series with Latest smart Extendable Platform
April 1, 2015 – OKI Data Americas today rolled out its latest A3 “smart” color MFP, the MC873 series, which provides standard print, copy, scan, and fax, and is available in three different configurations: the desktop MC8473dn, and two floor-standing models, the MC873dnc and MC873dnx. Designed for small to mid-size workgroups, and available through authorized OKI dealers, the MC873dn series prints and scans on up to 11″x17″ media, and are positioned as affordable, more compact alternatives to larger, more-expensive MFPs.
The MFPs use the latest open-API iteration of OKI’s smart Extendable Platform (sXP) to support OKI add-on solutions such as print management, document-capture and document-management solutions, which will be available beginning in the summer of 2015. OKI says this new platform will offer added functionality in order for developers to build unique solution applications for OKI smart MFPs.
The MFPs also qualify for OKI Data’s COREFIDO warranty and recycling program. The COREFIDO program allows consumers to upgrade from a standard one-year warranty to a five-year warranty at no charge, as well as participate in a free recycling program for used OKI toner and image drums from registered devices.
Highlights of the MC873 series, which use OKI’s toner-based LED-printing technology, include:
- Handle media up to 11” x 17” and up to 256 gsm. There’s also user-assisted printing of 11″ x 52″ banners.
- Print speed rated at up to 35 ppm in both color and black-and-white.
- Standard High-Speed USB v2.0, USB Host (x2) and Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000 Base-TX network interface; optional Wi-Fi Certified wireless LAN connectivity.
- Time to first page output as fast as 9.5 seconds.
- Seven-inch color, tilting touch screen.
- Color scanning with send-to functionality (scan to PC, network, FTP sites, email, and fax).
- Standard duplex printing.
- 100-sheet duplex reversing automatic document feeder (RADF) that scans both sides of documents.
- Standard convenience stapler.
- Standard print-job separator/second paper-output bin.
- Mobile-printing via support for Apple AirPrint and Google CloudPrint, as well as the OKI Mobile Print app for Android.
- Secure print encryption for confidential documents.
- 1.25 GB of memory and 250-GB hard drive; 800 MHz CPU.
- Upgradable paper capacity with optional 535-sheet second, third, or fourth paper trays.
- ABBYY Fine Reader 12 Sprint software for converting scanned paper documents into searchable and re-usable electronic documents.
- SENDYS Explorer LITE software enables users to convert scanned documents and distribute or upload them to a chosen location. (SENDYS Explorer LITE is available for download at no charge, while optional cloud connectors and premium versions are available for purchase.)
- The MFPs use cyan, magenta, yellow, and black (CYMK) toner cartridges yielding up to 10,000 pages each (a 15,000-page-yield black toner cartridge is also available), as well as CYMK image drums yielding up to 30,000 pages each.
- Energy Star-compliant.
The desktop MC873dn features a standard 400-sheet paper capacity, as does the floor-standing MC873dnc, which, however, adds a cabinet. The floor-standing MC873dnx features a 1,470-sheet paper capacity (300-sheet main tray, plus 535-sheet second and third paper trays, and multi-purporse paper tray.
For more information and complete specifications, visit OKI here.
- March 2015: OKI DATA WILL OFFER MWAI’S FORZA SOLUTION FOR DEALERS
- February 2015: NEW OKI C931E, C941E FOR BOTH TRADITIONAL AND UNIQUE GRAPHIC-ARTS AND PRODUCTION PRINTING
- February 2015: OKI NET SALES AND INCOME UP FOR NINE-MONTH PERIOD AND THIRD QUARTER
- January 2015: NEW OKI A4 MODELS FEATURE MORE MEMORY FOR FASTER PRINT-JOB PROCESSING, WIFI PRINTING, MORE
- November 2014: OKI PROVIDES MORE DETAILS ON ITS NEW COREFIDO FIVE-YEAR FREE WARRANTY PROGRAM
- October 2014: WITH NEW OKI WARRANTY PROGRAM, CUSTOMERS GET FREE FIVE-YEAR WARRANTY FOR SELECT MULTIFUNCTIONALS
- October 2014: CATCHING UP WITH OKI DATA AMERICAS: A4 AND MORE BRINGING SUCCESS
- September 2014: OKI DATA MULTIFUNCTIONALS NOW OFFER BUSINESS SOLUTIONS FROM MORE THAN 30 PARTNERS
- June 2014:OKI: NEW ‘EXECUTIVE SERIES’ A3 COLOR MULTIFUNCTIONALS FOR BTA DESIGNED TO BEAT COMPETITION
- June 2014:RINGDALE RELEASES FOLLOWME EMBEDDED FOR OKI SMART MULTIFUNCTIONALS
- June 2014:OKI DATA LAUNCHES ‘MOBILE PRINT’ APP FOR ANDROID FOR WIDE RANGE OF MULTIFUNCTIONALS AND PRINTERS
- June 2014:OKI DATA DEVICES NOW COMPATIBLE WITH DOCUWARE CONTENT-MANAGEMENT SOLUTIONS