New Fujitsu fi-6400 Production-Level Document Scanner Scans at up to 100 PPM
March 31, 2015 – Fujitsu is introducing what it’s calling its next-generation production-level scanning solution, the Fujitsu Document Scanner fi-6400 ($12,995 U.S. list price), a mid-volume production scanner that scans at up to 100 ppm/200 ipm at 200 or 300 dpi (in color, grayscale, or monochrome). It also features an expanded 500-page automatic document feeder, long-lasting consumable life, and enhanced paper-feed functionality.
Other features include:
- Intelligent Multi-Feed Function (iMFF), which provides the ability to automatically bypass documents containing sticky notes, taped receipts, and labels, while still protecting against lost images. In manual mode, mixed batches that include envelopes may be scanned with user interaction to maintain data integration and high scanner throughput.
- Improved Document Feeding: The scanner is equipped with a front-loading feeding mechanism and automatic adjustable stacker in order to control the output speed of paper, which enhances stacking, keeping documents neat and orderly in the exit tray.
- The adjustable interactive LCD panel provides quick access to advanced scanning features such as paper protection, pick speeds, batch counts, iMFF settings, pre-pick, and power savings.
- Long (up to 120 inches) and ultra-thin document scanning are supported, as well as mixed-document handling of pages of different sizes and colors.
- For improved paper-feeding and image processing, the fi-6400 detects the alignment of scanned documents. If any irregularity is detected during a page feed (such as a stapled batch or skewed paper), the scanner’s sensors will automatically stop the scan, helping to protect the original scanned documents.
- The new fi-6400 provides two post-scan imprinter options on the front or back for users with demanding scan-verification needs. The imprinter unit prints identification markers such as dates/times, alphanumeric codes, and symbols, on the original document while syncing with an identical digital endorsement. This makes it easier to locate the original scanned document when needed for proof-of-scan reference.
- The fi-6400 features a small footprint (12.2” x 18.1” x 17.8”) and low operational noise at 55 decibels.
Image Enhancement and Document-Capture Software
According to Fujitsu, the fi-6400 includes new enhanced image processing and capture software, including PaperStream TWAIN, PaperStream ISIS, and PaperStream Capture:
- Designed for the Fujitsu fi Series scanner line, PaperStream TWAIN and PaperStream ISIS provide users with an image-correction solution allowing documents to be automatically converted into clean images, enhancing the most popular industry-standard scan drivers.
- PaperStream Capture enables users to complete batch-scanning faster. PaperStream Capture is equipped with a streamlined user interface to reduce training time and increase productivity when adjusting scanner settings and performing batch scans. PaperStream Capture also integrates with PaperStream IP’s assisted scanning for visual cleanup of scanned documents. The reading of barcodes and patch codes make batch separation easy, improving document organization, and providing a scanning front-end to many content-management systems.
- The centralized administration reduces the total cost of ownership (TCO) and work that goes into setting up, operating, and maintaining multiple Fujitsu scanners in an organization. This feature allows users to track scan counts, monitor scanner running status, update scan drivers, check consumable status, and more, all over a network, from one location.
The Fujitsu fi-6400 is available now through authorized resellers, value-added resellers, and distributors including Ingram Micro, NewWave Technologies, and Tech Data Corporation. For more information and complete specifications, visit Fujitsu here.
- December 2014: ABBYY EUROPE PARTNERING WITH FUJITSU TO EXPAND DOCUMENT-CAPTURE SOLUTIONS
- February 2014: FUJITSU LAUNCHES RENT-A-SCANNER SERVICE
- November 2013: FUJITSU ROLLS OUT NEXT-GENERATION WORKGROUP SCANNER FAMILY WITH ACOUSTIC PAPER-FEED PROTECTION
- October 2013: FUJITSU INTRODUCES CONTACT-LESS SCANSNAP SV600 IN UNITED STATES
- September 2013: FUJITSU ADDS CONTACT-LESS SCANNER THAT SCAN BOOKS, A3 DOCS, 3D OBJECTS
- August 2013: FUJITSU ADDS WIRELESS SCANNING TO SCANSNAP IX500 DESKTOP SCANNER FEATURES WIRELESS CONNECTIVITY
- May 2013: FUJITSU TO INCORPORATE CHARISMATHICS’ SMART CARD-SECURITY SOLUTIONS INTO NETWORK SCANNERS.
- April 2013: FUJITSU LABS PREVIEWS NEW TOUCH-BASED SCANNING