This Week in Imaging: In-Depth with HP JetIntelligence Toner Carts, New LaserJets; More
We attended Hewlett-Packard’s Color LaserJet/JetIntelligence press event held this week in New York City’s Soho district and came away relieved and impressed: relieved that HP has finally updated its popular toner-based LaserJet line with the introduction of new from-the-ground-up designs, and impressed with the new JetIntelligence toner cartridges, as well as with the LaserJets’ upgraded feature sets, compact design, faster performance, and lower cost per page. They also feature the advanced security provisions that HP previewed for us last September, as well as HP’s JetAdvantage Pull Print, a cloud-based serverless solution.
Of special note with the new JetIntelligence toner cartridges is new anti-counterfeiting measures. If a non-HP toner cartridge is installed, the printer/MFP’s touch screen will display a message indicating that it’s a non-HP toner cartridge. Administrators can also enable a policy so that JetIntelligence toner cartridges can’t be removed from a printer/MFP and used with another HP printer/MFP (even if it’s the same model) – a useful provision, as noted by HP, to prevent employees from stealing cartridges from work printers to use at home.
Don’t miss our latest review and report comparing Canon’s new business-class MAXIFY line to HP’s established Officejet Pro line. The available Hands-On Competitive Test Report is an informative and easy read at only four pages in length – the perfect format for a 4-page signature booklet.
- HP Wants to Give You 33-Percent More Prints with New JetIntelligence Toner Cartridges – Read more here.
- Re-Engineered HP Color LaserJets with JetAdvantage Cloud-Based Pull Print, Private Print, Faster Print Speeds, More – Read more here.
- New Ricoh A3 MFPs Feature Mobile Print, ICE Integration, Start at $12,250 – Read more here.
- Hands-On Competitive Test Report and Videos: Canon MAXIFY Vs. HP Officejet Pro Inkjet AiOs – Which Brand is Best for Your Business? – Read more here.
- OKI Data Will Offer MWAi’s FORZA Solution for Dealers – Read more here.
- MT Business Technologies Recognized as Ricoh’s Largest Independent U.S. Dealer – Read more here.
- Brother Seeking to Acquire Industrial Printer-Maker Domino Printing Sciences – Read more here.
- IDC Finds OEM Vendors Pulling Share from Third-Party Vendors for Ink Cartridges in Asia/Pacific – Read more here.
- New Xerox 80-PPM Versant 80Press & Color 800i/10008 with Gold, Silver, & Specialty Inks – Read more here.
- ABBYY Expands North American Executive Staff with Addition of Bruce Orcutt – Read more here.
The Third Dimension