Ninestar, Seine Agree Not to Sell Disputed Toner Cartridges and Drums in U.S.
March 5, 2015 – Canon Inc. of Japan reports that it’s resolved its patent-infringement disputes against Ninestar Image Tech Limited, Zhuhai Seine Technology, Ninestar Technology Company, Seine Tech (USA), Seine Image (USA), and Nano Pacific Corporation, all of which collectively do business under the name Ninestar, in the U.S. International Trade Commission and in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York. The case involved alleged patent-infringement of Ninestar toner cartridges and photosensitive drum units sold for use in Canon and Hewlett-Packard laser printers.
To resolve the disputes, Ninestar has stipulated to a consent order from the International Trade Commission as to U.S. Patent Nos. 8,280,278, 8,630,564, 8,682,215, 8,676,090, and 8,688,008, and a Consent Judgment and Permanent Injunction from the Southern District of New York as to U.S. Patent Nos. 8,280,278, 8,433,219, 8,437,669, 8,494,411, 8,630,564, 8,676,090, 8,682,215, and 8,688,008. The injunctions prohibit Ninestar from making, using, selling, and offering for sale in the United States, and from importing into the United States the toner cartridges and photosensitive drum units that Canon says violates its patents
In May 2014, Canon had filed a complaint with the U.S. International Trade Commission against 33 manufacturers, distributors, and sellers of toner cartridges, including Seine and Ninestar, alleging that the companies were infringing on its patents for toner cartridge and drums with its third-party alternatives.
- February 2015: X COM SHOP AGREES TO STOP SELLING TONER CARTRIDGES THAT ALLEGEDLY INFRINGE UPON CANON PATENTS
- October 2014: HP SUES NINESTAR AND APEX FOR INKJET-CARTRIDGE PATENT INFRINGEMENT
- February 2015 – CANON WINS INJUNCTION PROHIBITING TONER-CARTRIDGE MAKERS FROM SELLING TONER IN THE U.K.
- February 2015 – INTERNATIONAL LASER GROUP AGREES NOT TO SELL DISPUTED TONER FOR USE WITH CANON PRINTERS
- January 2015: CANON WINS JUDGEMENTS BARRING ASTER FROM SELLING DISPUTED TONER CARTRIDGES IN THE U.S., HOLLAND, AND FRANCE
- December 2014 – CANON EXPANDS TONER-CARTRIDGE PATENT-INFRINGEMENT CAMPAIGN TO GERMANY
- November 2014 – CANON TAKES TONER-CARTRIDGE PATENT-ENFORCEMENT CAMPAIGN TO RUSSIA
- October 2014 – LD PRODUCTS SETTLES WITH CANON, AGREES NOT TO SELL DISPUTED TONER CARTRIDGES IN U.S.
- October 2014 – ACM AGREES NOT TO SELL ALLEGED CANON PATENT-INFRINGING TONER CARTRIDGES IN U.S.
- September 2014 – PRINT-RITE TO SETTLE WITH CANON OVER ALLEGED TONER-CARTRIDGE PATENT INFRINGEMENT
- September 2014 – CANON SUCCESSFULLY CONCLUDES TONER-CARTRIDGE PATENT-INFRINGEMENT LAWSUIT AGAINST GRAND IMAGE
- August 2014 – CANON TAKES TONER-CARTRIDGE PATENT-INFRINGEMENT LAWSUIT CAMPAIGN TO THE U.K.
- August 2014 – CANON TAKES TONER-CARTRIDGE PATENT-INFRINGEMENT CAMPAIGN TO RUSSIA
- August 2014 – CANON WINS PATENT-INFRINGEMENT LAWSUIT AGAINST KOREAN SUPPLIES MAKER ALPHACHEM
- August 2014 – CANON WINS PRINTER-CONSUMABLES PATENT-INFRINGEMENT LAWSUIT AGAINST THREE COMPANIES
- July 2014 – CANON WINS TONER-CARTRIDGE PATENT-INFRINGEMENT SUIT AGAINST NECTRON
- July 2014 – CANON FILES TONER-CARTRIDGE PATENT-INFRINGEMENT LAWSUIT AGAINST TWO U.K.-BASED COMPANIES
- June 2014 – CANON DEFENDANTS AGREE NOT TO SELL TONER CARTRIDGES IN U.S.