Brother Teams up with PrinterOn to Offer PrintSmart Mobile, PrintSmart Mobile Zone
March 5, 2015 – Brother International Europe has teamed up with PrinterOn, a provider of secure mobile printing, to develop two new mobile-print solutions for Brother printers that it’ll offer in six European markets:
PrintSmart Mobile Zone is designed for businesses such as hotels, libraries, and airports that wish to provide mobile printing as a service to their customers, while PrintSmart Mobile is for small and mid-size businesses that want to make mobile printing easier for their employees and easy for IT to control and manage, enabling employees to wirelessly print from smartphones, tablets, and laptops.
Both PrintSmart Mobile Zone and PrintSmart Mobile also provide secure printing – in order for the job to print, users must authenticate themselves at the Brother printer, so that only the user who sent the print job can collect the printed document. Both solutions support Android, iOS, Blackberry, Windows, Kindle and Nook mobile platforms
Users can print by submitting the job via email, uploading it via a Web interface, via mobile app (iOS, Android, and Blackberry), or via the PrintWhere driver for Windows devices. Both solutions are fully cloud-based, don’t require any onsite software. and are compatible with Brother’s latest Business Color Laser and Business Mono Laser printers.
Chris Marshall, commercial director for Brother Europe commented said: “We are bringing two new mobile print solutions to market, which are designed to make printing from a variety of mobile devices straightforward, as well as providing the ability to offer mobile print facilities as a public service using our high-quality laser printers. From an IT department perspective, it means a straightforward solution for mobile print – without wasted time spent configuring complicated software and installing multiple drivers.”
Brother cites recent IDC research commissioned by Brother that it says shows there’s a clear customer need for printing from mobile devices – if it was easy to do so. The research also showed that 75 percent of companies have had requests from employees to print from mobile devices. However, 51 percent of smartphone users didn’t know they had printing capabilities.
Brother’s PrintSmart Mobile Zone and PrintSmart Mobile are currently available in France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, the Nordic countries, and the United Kindgom.
For more information and ordering, visit Brother here.
- March 2015: FOUR NEW BROTHER DOCUMENT SCANNERS WITH CLOUD CONNECTIVITY, KOFAX CERTIFICATION
- February 2015: BROTHER LAUNCHES NEW A3 ‘INKBENEFIT’ COLOR INKJET ALL-IN-ONE IN INDIA
- December 2014: PRINT TRACKER NOW PROVIDES EXPANDED REPORTING FOR BROTHER PRINTERS AND MFPS
- December 2014: BROTHER: BIG MFP/COPIERS ARE NOW THE WATER COOLER FOR EMPLOYEES TO GATHER ‘ROUND AND WASTE TIME
- October 2014: BROTHER’S NEW ‘DON’T SUPERSIZE. OPTIMIZE.’ CAMPAIGN: THE CENTRALIZED MFP/COPIER ISN’T ALWAYS THE BEST CHOICE
- April 2014: BROTHER LAUNCHES BR-DOCS PLATFORM FOR CLOUD-BASED DOCUMENT STORAGE AND SHARING
- October 2013: BROTHER COMPLETES WORKGROUP AND MOBILE DOCUMENT SCANNER REFRESH WITH NEW ADS-1500W WITH SCAN TO CLOUD
- September 2013: BROTHER INTRODUCES COMPLETELY REFRESHED DOCUMENT-SCANNER FAMILY, FLAGSHIP DS-920W