Two New Fleet-Management Solutions from Ricoh, Device Manager NX Pro, Device Manager NX Enterprise
February 25, 2015 – Ricoh Americas is introducing two new fleet-management software solutions, Ricoh Device Manager NX Pro and Device Manager NX Enterprise, that it says automate the tracking, analysis and configuration of Ricoh and non-Ricoh printer/MFP fleets across multiple offices and geographies, while also reporting on items such as paper and power consumption.
The firm says its Device Manager NX Pro and Device Manager NX Enterprise are entirely new software solutions coded “from the ground up” to integrate with Ricoh’s next-generation MFP platform and its capabilities, such as DataOverwriteSecurity System (DOSS) and Ricoh HDD (hard disk drive) encryption. Ricoh says the solutions also provide more information for non-Ricoh devices, including USB-connected printers. Administrators can also use the solutions to configure devices and clone (copy) configuration settings from device-to-device. There’s also an audit function to help ensure printers and MFPs are configured to company standards.
Also new is a Web-based interface that simultaneously exposes both broad and highly specific device-performance information in a single dashboard view, minimizing the need to drill down and back up through multiple levels of information. The dashboard leverages the ability of a company’s intranet to mobilize information from print-capable devices to the Device Manager NX Pro and RICOH Device Manager NX Enterprise server.
The solutions include a new ability to clone the settings of an ideally configured MFP and automatically replicate that configuration among selected other MFPs. An improved graphical floor map (shown above) is said to now enable administrators to position devices onto floor maps by simply dragging and dropping MFPs into predefined groups.
Customers who wish to have Ricoh manage their fleets as part of a managed document services program can use the new @Remote Connector NX application. The solution works with Device Manager NX Pro and Device Manager NX Enterprise to enable device-performance analysis, produce green reports (paper and energy consumption), automate the meter-reading process, as well as alert the service provider of any service and supply needs. The solution also enables secure and remote updating of MFP firmware.
To further streamline fleet management, organizations can enable employees to quickly connect to new printers and MFPs without IT help through the use of the new RICOH Printer Driver Packager NX and Advanced Driver Distribution applications. Administrators can configure the printer drivers these employees use, adding user-friendly icons, modifying values, locking settings, and enforcing settings, such as duplex printing. Ricoh says the solution also helps eliminate the need for expensive print servers.
Device Manager NX Pro supports up to 5,000 devices, while Device Manager NX Enterprise provides virtually unlimited scalability. A Device Manager NX smartphone/tablet app is also available for iOS and Android mobile operating systems.
- February 2015: RICOH INTRODUCES ‘LEGAL MFP’ OPTIMIZED FOR STREAMLINING LEGAL DOCUMENT PROCESSES, ADDS ICONECT-XERA SUPPORT
- December 2014: RICOH PARTNERS WITH LRS SOLUTIONS TO PROVIDE MANAGED, SECURE PRINTING FOR HEALTHCARE
- November 2014: NEW RICOH MFP SERIES WITH OPTIONAL SMART OPERATION PANEL FOR TABLET AND SMARTPHONE USE
- October 2014: NEW A4 MONO PRINTER AND ALL-IN-ONE FROM RICOH WITH WIFI PROTECTED SETUP
- October 2014: RICOH PREVIEWS NEW PRINT FROM AND SCAN TO BLACKBOARD EDUCATIONAL SYSTEMS
- September 2014: RICOH ADDS KOFAX SOLUTIONS FOR ADVANCED INTEGRATION OF DATA AND IMAGES INTO BUSINESS PROCESSES
- June 2014: NEW DESKTOP A4 COLOR MULTIFUNCTIONALS FROM RICOH FEATURE ENTERPRISE-FEATURE SET, ICE
- August 2014: RICOH ROLLS OUT STREAMLINE NX PLATFORM FOR DOCUMENT CAPTURE AND DISTRIBUTION, USER MANAGEMENT