New Xerox Rialto 900 Color-Inkjet Production Printer First to be Developed with Impika
February 25, 2015 – Xerox is introducing its next-generation color inkjet printing system, the Xerox Rialto 900 Inkjet Press, which it developed with Impika, a French production-printing company that Xerox acquired in February 2013.
The firm says the Rialto 900 creates a new space in the “booming production color-inkjet segment” as the world’s only fully integrated roll-to-cut sheet, narrow web inkjet press. It’s designed for print providers who produce 1.5 to 5 million impressions per month, and, according to Xerox, has the smallest footprint of any inkjet press on the market – 11.9 x 5.1 feet/ 3.58 x 1.55 meters (including the press tower). Xerox also says the Rialto 900 prints duplex jobs, one-up on the smallest, narrow web (9.84 inches/250 millimeters) on the market.
“We are creating a new, disruptive inkjet market segment with the Rialto 900 and there’s room for everyone,” said Paul Morgavi, chief operating officer for Xerox’s Inkjet Division, and general manager for Impika. “The Rialto 900 changes the playing field by merging the cut sheet, inkjet, and offset worlds – an important convergence for providers looking for a competitive edge and for print’s long-term survival.”
The Rialto 900 is appropriate for printing full-color, personalized direct-mail, statements, and book production. It features an all-in-one design, as the front-end controller, paper roll, and finishing components are housed within the system, saving space.
Other specifications include:
- Print speed rated at up to 157 feet/minute (48 m/min), 342 letter-size ppm/ 320 A4 ppm, single-pass duplex.
- 1,000 x 1,000 dpi perceived resolution.
- Missing-jet detection and duplex matching that are integrated and automated.
- Media flexibility with Xerox’s water-based pigment HD ink.
- Choice of a PDF or IPDS digital front end.
- Integrated cutter and stacker.
- Large, touch screen display for easy access to media selection, imposition, DFE status and job history.
The Rialto 900 is the first product jointly developed and launched by Xerox and Impika. Xerox also says Impika’s portfolio is now fully-integrated into Xerox’s production-printing family and brand.
The Xerox Rialto 900 Inkjet Press is available for immediate order taking. The VHQ mode for the Xerox Impika Evolution Inkjet Press can be retrofitted to existing installations for a one-off charge and is available as an option on new systems.
For more information and complete specifications on the Rialto 900, visit Xerox here.
- November 2014: XEROX’S IMPIKA FOCUSING ON PRODUCT-SALES EXPANSION IN ASIA
- September 2014: XEROX IMPIKA COLOR INKJET IPRINT EVOLUTION DIGITAL-COLOR PRESS MAKES NORTH AMERICAN DEBUT
- June 2014: XEROX AIMS TO BUILD PRODUCTION INKJET PORTFOLIO COMPARABLE TO TONER PORTFOLIO
- June 2014: XEROX OPENS INKJET INNOVATION CENTRE TO SHOWCASE IMPIKA INKJET COMMERCIAL PRINT
- April 2014: NEW XEROX COLOR PRODUCTION PRINTER, THE VERSANT 2100 PRESS, RATED AT UP TO 100 PPM