Kodak’s New PROSPER 1000 Inkjet Production Printer Prints at 1,000 Feet per Minute
February 25, 2015 – Eastman Kodak is rolling out what it calls the world’s fastest digital press, the Kodak PROSPER 1000 Plus Press. The press is powered by proprietary Kodak Stream Inkjet Technology and leverages the base Kodak PROSPER 1000 Press platform with new enhancements to the transport and software capabilities. Delivering speeds of up to 1,000 feet per minute (fpm), Kodak says these enhancements enable the immediacy and versatility of digital printing for black and white applications.
With speeds of up to 4,364 A4 ppm, Kodak says the PROSPER 1000 Plus Press is well-suited to meet the changing needs of print service providers (PSPs) in the book-publishing industry.
The PROSPER 1000 Plus Press leverages Kodak’s Stream Inkjet Technology to provide one-over-one perfecting with a print width of up to 24.5 inches (62.2 cm) and speeds up to 1,000 feet per minute (300 mpm). It also provides:
- The Kodak 700 Print Manager Digital Front End designed to drive open connectivity and ease-of-use for high-speed digital inkjet presses.
- Ink-saver mode that provides up to 30-percent reduced ink usage depending on the printing application.
- Micro-level text enhancement, a new finishing interface, and job estimating and reporting features.
The PROSPER 1000 Plus Press is expected to ship in the fall of 2015, and is field-upgradable for current customers of the Kodak PROSPER 1000 Press, who Kodak says can easily upgrade at the time of its release.
- February 2015: AFTER PURCHASING LEXMARK’S INKJET BUSINESS, FUNAI ELECTRIC TO ALSO SELL KODAK-BRAND SMALL OFFICE AND CONSUMER PRINTERS WORLDWIDE
- December 2015: KODAK LOOKS TO BECOME FASTER, MORE COMPETITIVE WITH REORGANIZATION
- November 2014: IN LANDMARK THIRD QUARTER, KODAK RETURNS TO PROFITABILITY
- August 2014: IMPROVED EARNINGS FOR KODAK IN SECOND QUARTER, SMALLER LOSS
- June 2014: NEW PROSPER 6000 INKJET PRODUCTION PRINTERS FROM KODAK
- May 2014: KODAK REPORTS LOSS FOR FIRST QUARTER, SALES DOWN
- March 2014: IMPROVING FINANCIAL PICTURE AT KODAK