Canon Officially Launches ‘Niagara’ – the Océ VarioPrint i300 First-Of-Its-Kind Digital Press
February 24, 2015 – Canon U.S.A. is officially launching the VarioPrint i300 – previously known as Project Niagara – which is the first high-speed, sheet-fed inkjet press in the Company’s portfolio of production-printing solutions.
The Océ VarioPrint i300 is designed to fill the speed and capacity gap that exists between conventional high-end toner-based, sheet-fed and entry-level continuous-feed inkjet presses. By doing so, Canon says it’s helping print service providers find the right print solution for their needs.
Featuring a patented four-color ink system, the Océ VarioPrint i300 prints on a wide range of media, including uncoated, coated, and inkjet treated paper. It leverages technologies from Canon, including Océ ColorStream inkjet print-head technology and Océ VarioPrint media handling. It also provides integrated end-to-end digital workflows with its Océ PRISMAsync digital front end and Océ PRISMA software platform. The firm says print-service providers will also have access to finishing capabilities that are compatible with the Océ VarioPrint 6000 series.
Printing up to 300 A4 images-per-minute, the Océ VarioPrint i300 can produce monthly volumes of up to 10 million letter or A4 images. Canon says its sheet-feeding capability and price point make the press accessible to a much broader audience in the transaction, direct mail, book and manual printing markets. It also says that by using a B3-sheet size, the press is better optimized to leverage existing finishing solutions for true end-to-end, automated workflows.
The first units have been shipped and are being installed at four customer sites in the United States. General availability of the Océ VarioPrint i300 in the United States is slated for summer 2015.
- January 2015: NEW LARGE-FORMAT INKJET IMAGEPROGRAF IPF670, IMAGEPROGRAF IPF770 PRINTERS FROM CANON
- November 2014: CANON’S OCÉ DIVISION OFFICIALLY LAUNCHES ITS FIRST FULL-COLOR INKJET PRINTING SYSTEM
- November 2014: CANON LAUNCHES IMAGEPRESS C60 DIGITAL COLOR PRESS WITH OPTIONAL NEW FIERY SERVERS
- September 2014: CANON ADDS NEXT-GENERATION IMAGEPRESS C800 DIGITAL COLOR PRESS SERIES FOR COMMERCIAL PRINTERS
- September 2013: CANON U.S.A. DEMONSTRATING NIAGARA, NEW PREMIUM PIGMENT INKS, MORE AT PRINT 13
- September 2013: CANON INTRODUCES ‘NIAGARA’ HIGH-VOLUME SHEET-FED COLOR INKJET PRODUCTION-PRINTING SYSTEM