New Mobile-Friendly Xerox Desktop Color Printer, MFP with Apple AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, WiFi-Direct Mobile Printing
February 17, 2015 – Noting a recent study by IDC that finds that only half of mobile users are able to print within their own company walls, and just one-third can print on the road, Xerox is introducing a new printer, the Phaser 6022 Color Printer ($279 ERP) and WorkCentre 6027 Color MFP ($429 ERP) that it says can be up and running in the same amount of time as it takes to brew a pot of coffee, and provide support for Wi-Fi Direct, Apple AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, and Xerox PrintBack, so that users can print from mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets without having to download and install apps or print drivers.
Other features for the new laser-based A4 models (print, copy, scan, and fax on up to 8.5″ x 14″) include simplified wireless setup options for wireless connectivity, and a Paper Setup Navigator that the firm says takes the guesswork out of using custom paper sizes and stocks for printing on envelopes, cardstock, labels, and recycled paper.
Other features and specifications include:
- Print speed rated at 18 ppm in color and black and white.
- Paper capacity of up to 150 sheets; capable of handling 16 lb. bond to 60 lb. cover media (60 to 163 gsm).
- 15-sheet automatic document feeder on the WorkCentre 6027 for copy, fax, and scan.
- Large color touchscreen on the WorkCentre 6027.
- Enhanced image quality (,1200 x 2,400 dpi resolution).
- November 2014: NEW SOLUTIONS FROM XEROX SUPPORT PAPER-LESS DOCUMENT PROCESSES; ALSO NOW OFFERING HYLAND ONBASE AND DATAWATCH SOLUTIONS
- October 2014: THREE NEW A4 LASER SYSTEMS FROM XEROX TARGET SMALL-BUSINESS TO ENTERPRISE USE
- September 2014: NEW XEROX DOCUMATE 3120 SAVES TIME SPENT SEARCHING FOR PAPER DOCUMENTS
- September 2014: XEROX TARGETS SMB SEGMENT WITH NEW MPS (AND FREE PRINTER) PLAN; NEW CONNECTKEY MULTIFUNCTIONALS FOR SMB; MORE
- August 2014: NEW XEROX DOCUMATE 4830 SCANNER UP TO 67-PERCENT FASTER
- June 2014: NEW XEROX DOCUMENT SCANNERS USE IMAGE PROCESSING CHIP FOR FASTER DOCUMENT SCANNING
- April 2014: XEROX INTRODUCES ITS FASTEST PHASER PRINTER TO DATE, THE 65-PPM PHASER 4622