New DMConnect from KYOCERA for Automatic Routing to Document-Management Systems
February 6, 2015 – KYOCERA Document Solutions America is introducing a new business application that allows users to scan, capture, and route scanned hard-copy documents to an existing document-management system from a HyPAS-enabled KYOCERA MFP. The application, DMConnect, enables KYOCERA HyPAS-enabled MFPs to serve as on-ramp for scanning and capturing hard-copy documents and then for processing the data according to an organization’s specific requirements. With the application, administrators can create customized workflows such as workflow wizard and workflow studio.
DMConnect offers advanced features such as multi-destination workflows, user-group restrictions, and searchable list fields. By customizing their document processes, KYOCERA says businesses can streamline their operations to more easily comply with regulatory standards. Plus, it says users can take advantage of optional document-enhancement features, such as optical character recognition (OCR) powered by Nuance OmniPage, to transform scanned hard copy documents into searchable text.
Other DMConnect capabilities include:
- Remove blank pages from scanned documents for smaller file sizes.
- View and reset Bates counters for easy identification of documents.
- Scan and distribute files through multi-destination workflows to boost productivity.
- Ensure document security by restricting groups or departments via Microsoft Active Director integration.
- Network Attached Storage (NAS) support for more cost-effective document management and storage.
DMConnect is available through authorized KYOCERA dealers at an MSRP of $776 per device license, or an MSRP of $1,219 per device with OCR powered by Nuance OmniPage. To find a dealer, visit KYOCERA’s dealer locator here.
For more information on DMConnect and compatible KYOCERA HyPAS-enabled MFPs, visit Kyocera here.
- November 2014: KYOCERA REPORTS ‘SIGNIFICANT PROFIT’ IN MFP SALES FOR HALF YEAR OF ITS FISCAL YEAR
- October 2014: NEW KYOCERA CENTRAQ SOLUTIONS PROVIDE SECURE PRINT-RELEASE, DEVICE MONITORING, AND USER CONTROLS
- September 2014: NEW APP LINKS KYOCERA MULTIFUNCTIONALS TO GOOGLE ACCOUNTS
- September 2014: KYOCERA ADDS MICROSOFT EXCHANGE CONNECTOR FOR SCAN-TO-EMAIL
- July 2014: MFP SALES UP AT KYOCERA, BUT TOTAL COMPANY EARNINGS DOWN
- July 2014: KYOCERA LAUNCHES RIGHTFAX CONNECTOR FOR CONNECTING TO RIGHTFAX SERVERS
- May 2014: ARGOS ONBOARD PRINT MANAGEMENT NOW AVAILABLE FOR KYOCERA HYPAS-ENABLED MULTIFUNTIONALS
- May 2014: PRINT AUDIT EMBEDDED PROVIDES RULES-BASED PRINTING, SECURE RELEASE, MORE FOR KYOCERA MFPS
- April 2014: NEW MULTIFUNCTIONALS, BUSINESS APPS, DEALER PROGRAMS FROM KYOCERA