Brother Printer Sales up, Raises Full-Year Forecast for Income and Sales
February 4, 2015 – Brother Industries of Japan has just reported financial results for its latest nine months (April to December 2014), with net sales of 521 billion yen, a 15.4 percent increase over the 452 billion yen it reported for the same period year ago, while net income was 48 billion yen versus the 12 billion yen it reported for the same period a year ago.
For the nine-month period ending in December 2014, net sales for Brother’s Printing & Solutions business were 312 billion yen, a 4.4. percent increase versus 284 billion yen Brother reported for the same nine-month period a year ago. Brother’s Printing & Solutions business consists of printers, All-in-Ones, fax machines, electronic stationery, typewriters, and scanners.
In its latest fiscal quarter (its third fiscal quarter from October – December 2014) Printing & Solutions’ sales were 119 billion yen, versus 104 billion yen a year ago, and versus 97 billion yen for the second quarter (July – September 2014). Total net income for the third quarter was 481 billion yen, a 307.8 percent increase over net income of 118 billion yen for the third quarter a year before. Brother says printer hardware sales were strong in Asia and other regions, but slow in Japan, and that it also benefited from the depreciation of the Japanese yen.
Fiscal Year 2015 Forecast
Brother increased its forecasts for both net income and net sales for its entire fiscal year ending in March 2015. It’s now forecasting net income of 53 billion yen, a 178.3 percent increase versus its previous forecast, and net sales of 710 billion yen, a 15.1 percent increase versus its previous forecast.
- December 2014: PRINT TRACKER NOW PROVIDES EXPANDED REPORTING FOR BROTHER PRINTERS AND MFPS
- October 2014: BROTHER: BIG MFP/COPIERS ARE NOW THE WATER COOLER FOR EMPLOYEES TO GATHER ‘ROUND AND WASTE TIME
- August 2014: NEW BROTHER SMALL-OFFICE LASER PRINTERS AND ALL-IN-ONES FEATURE FASTER PRINT SPEEDS, CLOUD AND MOBILE CONNECTIVITY
- August 2014: TOTAL SALES AND NET INCOME UP AT BROTHER; SALES UP FOR PRINTERS AND ALL-IN-ONES
- July 2014: BROTHER LAUNCHES SEVEN NEW PRINTERS AND ALL-IN-ONES CERTIFIED FOR MOPRIA MOBILE PRINTING
- February 2014: IDC: WORLDWIDE HARDCOPY MARKET CONTINUES GRADUAL RECOVERY; HP AND BROTHER MAKE GAINS
- November 2013: PRINTER, ALL-IN-ONE SALES UP FOR BROTHER IN LAST SIX MONTHS
- October 2013: BROTHER BRINGING 100-PPM HL-S7000DN INKJET PRINTER TO UNITED STATES FOR HIGH-VOLUME OFFICE PRINTING