OKI Net Sales and Income up for Nine-Month Period and Third Quarter
February 3, 2015 – OKI Electric Industry of Japan has just reported its financial results for its fiscal third quarter and the nine-month period from April 1 – December 31, 2014. For the nine months ending December 31, 2014, net sales were 356.9 billion yen, up 12.3 percent, and net income was 18.5 billion yen, up 28.0 percent, both versus the same nine-month period a year ago.
Fiscal Third-Quarter Results
For its fiscal third quarter, OKI’s net sales increased by 39.1 billion yen and net income increased by 4.9 billion yen, both versus the firm’s fiscal third quarter a year ago. All of OKI’s business groups – Info-telecom, Printers, EMS, and Others – reported either higher or flat net sales and operating income.
In OKI’s Printer Group, net sales were 94.5 billion yen versus 89.2 billion yen, versus the third quarter a year ago, and operating income was 5.8 billion yen versus 1.3 billion yen a year ago. Within the Printer Group, color LED printer sales totaled 57.9 billion yen, monochrome LED printer sales totaled 23.6 billion yen, and dot-matrix printer sales totaled 10.5 billion yen. Sales of color LED printers made the biggest gains – totaling 57.9 billion yen in the third quarter versus 53.5 in the third quarter a year.
OKI has revised its forecast for its full-year fiscal period ending March 31, 2015. While its forecast of 535.0 billion in net sales has stayed the same, it’s increasing its net-income forecast from 21.0 billion yen to 24.0 billion yen.
- November 2014: OKI REPORTS FAVORABLE SALES GROWTH FOR ITS PRINTER BUSINESS, RAISES FORECAST FOR ITS FULL YEAR
- September 2014: OKI RAISES FORECAST FOR FISCAL HALF YEAR DUE TO IMPROVING PRINTER BUSINESS
- July 2014: OKI PRINTER AND MFP BUSINESS ENJOYS ‘DRASTIC IMPROVEMENT’ IN LATEST QUARTER
- May 2014: STRONG YEAR FOR OKI; SALES OF COPIER/MULTIFUNCTIONALS UP
- February 2014: STRONG FINANCIAL PERFORMANCE FROM OKI; RAISES FORECAST
- October 2013: SALES AND NET INCOME UP FOR OKI JAPAN’S FIRST HALF OF FISCAL YEAR