Context: HP is Business-Inkjet Market Leader in Western Europe
February 3, 2015 – European IT market-research firm Context reports that, according to its research data, printer-hardware revenue increased by 1 percent across Western European in 2014 compared to 2013. Context says the increase was driven by laser MFPs and inkjet printers. Of note is that Context reports that revenue from inkjet MFPs was up by 7 percent year-over-year, boosted by the double-digit revenue increase in the business-inkjet segment.
Vendors in the business-inkjet segment were supported by the introduction of new inkjet technology for business, with business inkjets featuring more connectivity options and higher page yields, presenting an attractive alternative to laser counterparts. Context says Hewlett-Packard registered the strongest year-over-year revenue growth in the segment with a 16-percent increase, and obtained over 60 percent of business-inkjet revenue in 2014, followed by Epson, which saw its revenue increase by 4 percent year-over-year, with a market share of 16 percent for the period.
According to Context, revenue for laser MFPs increased by 1 percent year-over-year across Western Europe, driven by the color-laser MFP category, which registered a positive performance of a 7 percent increase in year-over-year sales. HP, Samsung, and Xerox continue to lead in unit sales of color laser MFPs across Western Europe with a market share of 36 percent, 21 percent, and 10 percent, respectively.
In terms of country performance, Germany, the largest market in Western Europe distribution, registered year-over-year imaging-revenue growth of 4 percent, followed by the United Kingdom with a 1 percent year-over-year revenue increase in 2014 versus 2013. Context says Spain is on the recovery track, with the strongest year-over-year revenue growth of 10 percent for the period. Revenue in Italy increased by 4 percent year-over-year, while France saw revenue shrink by -5 percent year-over-year.
- November 2014: WESTERN EUROPE PRINTER AND MFP SHIPMENTS STABLE, BUT REVENUES UNDER PRESSURE, REPORTS IDC
- October 2014: LASER AND INKJET PRINTER AND ALL-IN-ONE SALES UP THREE PERCENT IN WESTERN EUROPE
- August 2014: IDC: WESTERN EUROPE PRINTER/COPIER/MFP MARKET CONTINUES TO STRENGTHEN
- June 2014: PRINTER SHIPMENTS UP NINE PERCENT IN WESTERN EUROPE, REPORTS CONTEXT
- May 2014: GROWTH IN WESTERN EUROPE PRINTER, MULTIFUNCTIONAL MARKET CONTINUES INTO FOURTH QUARTER
- April 2014: LASER MFP SALES SHOW HEALTHY GAINS IN WESTERN EUROPE
- February 2014: WESTERN EUROPE LASER MFP SALES SHOW EIGHT PERCENT INCREASE
- February 2014: WESTERN EUROPE PRINTER AND HARDCOPY MARKETS SHOWS GOOD GAINS IN FOURTH QUARTER, REPORTS IDC
- November 2013: WESTERN EUROPE PRINTER, MFP, COPIER MARKET CONTINUES TO RECOVER, REPORTS IDC
- October 2013: CONTEXT: UNIT SALES OF COLOR LASER MULTIFUNCTIONALS UP SIX PERCENT IN WESTERN EUROPE