The scanners accept originals of mixed weight and thickness, and, coupled with Panasonic’s paper-feed mechanism, are said to be appropriate for applications in healthcare, legal, finance, insurance, and government. Applications include passport scanning, multiple embossed card-feeding, mixed-paper and hard-card batch scanning, and long-paper scanning, such as electrocardiograms used in healthcare.
Other features include:
- High-Speed, High-Volume Duplex Scanning: Up to 100 sheets can quickly be loaded and processed.
- Reliable Paper-Feed Mechanism: The active double-feed roller mechanism and long-life rollers are designed to improve feeding—even with mixed documents of varying weight or thickness. The gate mechanism ensures paper loaded into the feeder is straight and aligned to prevent paper jams or the loss of originals.
- Various Document and Card Scanning: Scans various documents such as passports, embossed cards (up to three), envelopes, mixed paper, and long paper items such as electrocardiograms or well logs.
- 100 Programmable Workflows: Through the PC client software, users can program up to 100 commonly used scan jobs. These settings can then be accessed and selected using the scanners’ control panel.
- Intelligent Double-Feed Detection: Panasonic says there’s no need to duplicate efforts or stop jobs due to double feeds from a document with a post-it note or receipt detected. Users can resume scanning from the point of detection at the push of a button.
“Businesses are always looking for new ways to operate more efficiently and accurately,” commented Joseph Odore, product manager for Panasonic’s Imaging Solutions group. “With the introduction of the new KV-S1057C and KV-S1027C scanners, we’ve developed a small footprint scanner that can sit atop a desktop, yet is durable, reliable and offers customers the flexibility to scan a wide variety of documents from an ID card to a passport quickly and reliably.”
First Panasonic Scanners to Feature Nuance PaperPort Professional 15 Software
The new desktop scanners are now equipped with Nuance PaperPort Professional 14 software allowing anywhere, anytime access to all documents right in the box, at no extra cost. This document-management software combines scanning tools with PDF creation, and connects to cloud services. This scanning solution is also designed to deliver secure, streamlined records and document capture for a wide variety of business types, from small businesses with a handful of devices, to enterprise-level businesses such as hospitals, utilities, and finance and government offices.
Also, beginning in March 2015, the latest version of the KV-SS1100 network scanner hub device will integrate with the KV-S1057C and KV-S1027C scanners to create a network-enabled workgroup scanner for low-volume scanning, a production scanner for high-volume applications, or any scanning application in between. With the KV-SS1100, files are sorted, edited, auto-scanned, and sent to various folders based on customizable presets.
The KV-S1057C (MSRP $1,295.00) and KV-S1027C (MSRP $995.00) desktop high-speed document scanners with accompanying Nuance software are available immediately through authorized Panasonic resellers and include a standard three-year warranty with advance exchange services to ensure the scanner is up and running the next business day. For more information on these two new desktop scanners, visit Panasonic here.
The latest KV-SS1100 (MSRP $1,549.00) network-scanning solution is now available through authorized Panasonic resellers and includes a One-Year Standard Warranty with advance exchange services. For more information on the KV-SS1100, visit Panasonic here.
January 2014: NEW PANASONIC DEPARTMENTAL DOCUMENT SCANNERS OFFER ENHANCED FEATURE SET
September 2013: PANASONIC UPDATES WORKGROUP SCANNER LINE WITH NEW KV-S1046C-H AND KV-S1065C-H
July 2013: NEW PANASONIC KV-SS1100 NETWORK SCANNER WITH WIRED AND WIRELESS CONNECTIVITY
January 2013: PANASONIC KV-S1026C, KV-S1015C DOCUMENT SCANNERS START AT $495, SCAN TO GOOGLE DRIVE, EVERNOTE AVAILABLE