Canon Expands AirPrint Mobile-Printing Support to More PIXMAS, imageCLass Multifunctionals
January 5, 2015 – Canon U.S.A. reports that it’s newest PIXMA MX492 Wireless Inkjet Office All-In-One (AIO) printer now supports Apple AirPrint wireless technology. AirPrint enables users to seamlessly print photos, email messages, Web pages and documents wirelessly from compatible Apple iPhone, iPad and iPod touch mobile devices, without having to download or install print drivers or physically connect to the printer.
Note that AirPrint wireless printing requires a working network with wireless 802.11b/g or 802.11n capability. AirPrint also requires an Apple iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch device running iOS 4.2 (or later), and an AirPrint-enabled printer connected to the same network as the iOS device.
In addition to the new PIXMA MX492, other PIXMA printers now compatible with AirPrint wireless technology include:
- PIXMA MG7520 Wireless Photo All-In-One Printer
- PIXMA MG6620 Wireless Photo All-In-One Printer
- PIXMA MG5620 Wireless Photo All-In-One Printer
- PIXMA MX922 Wireless Office All-In-One Printer
- PIXMA MX532 Wireless Office All-In-One Printer
- PIXMA iX6820 Wireless Inkjet Business Printer
- PIXMA iP8720 Wireless Inkjet Photo Crafting Printer
Canon U.S.A. also reports that its new Color imageCLASS MF820Cdn and Color imageCLASS MF810Cdn MFPs also support AirPrint wireless printing from iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch mobile devices.
For a complete list of all Canon printers and MFPs that support AirPrint wireless technology, visit Canon here.