Top News for the Week of 11/3/2014 – White and Clear Toner; Good Financials; Xerox Paper-Less Solutions; More
This week, several MFP/copier/printer market players, all based in Japan, reported good financial results for their latest quarter. While some of this is due to the favorable effects of a lower-valued Japanese yen versus other currencies, a good part is also due to the strengths of these companies’ digital-imaging technology, as well as favorable markets overseas:
OKI has been pushing the envelope with its toner-based LED technology, as well as with innovative new distributions strategies in the United States.
Epson has been relentlessly pushing innovative inkjet technology, including high-capacity ink models and business inkjets, as well as large-format color inkjet printers for graphic-arts and commercial printing.
Konica Minolta has a powerful and diverse product lineup and a venerable history in the industry, and is using IT services to help bolster its influence in the enterprise market.
Also this week, Xerox introduced several new solutions for helping enterprises transition to paper-less document processes. This is obviously a smart strategy, because as office printing is by most accounts gradually declining, providing solutions for more easily accessing and using electronic documents, regardless of their file format or the user’s platform, will be key.
As we have found (and we presume OKI has as well), trying to describe the value of white and clear toner is a difficult proposition. Nevertheless, we had a chance to test OKI’s C941dn Multimedia Color Printer and found that its image quality, versatility, and value were outstanding – outstanding enough to state that every contemporary print shop and design studio should own one.
- Pushing the Envelope of Image Quality with White and Clear Toner: Hands-On Review and Videos of OKI’s C941DN MultiMedia Color Printer – Read more here.
- New Solutions from Xerox Support Paper-Less Document Processes; Also Now Offering Hyland OnBase and Datawatch Solutions – Read more here.
New Products and Solutions
- Canon Launches imagePRESS C60 Digital Color Press with Optional New Fiery Servers – Read more here.
- Two New Epson Scanners for Advanced Amateur and Pro Photographers – Read more here.
- New Contex ScanStation Wide-Format Scanner with REimage Technology for Saving Raw Data for Future Editing – Read more here.
- Net Sales and Income up for Konica Minolta’s First Half; Business Technologies Sales Drive Growth – Read more here.
- Strong Quarter for Epson; Higher-Priced Inkjet Printers Help Drive Growth – Read more here.
- OKI Reports Favorable Sales Growth for its Printer Business, Raises Forecast for its Full Year – Read more here.
- Lexmark Wins $100 Million Managed Print Services Contract from Alberta Health Services – Read more here.
- In SMB Drive, Xerox’s Global Imaging Acquires Las Vegas Dealer – Read more here.
- RJ Young is Samsung’s 2014 Dealer of the Year; More than Doubled its Samsung Sales – Read more here.