Two New Epson Scanners for Advanced Amateur and Pro Photographers
Epson America is introducing two new photo scanners, the Epson Perfection V800 Photo and Epson Perfection V850 Pro. Epson says the new scanners are advanced scanning solutions that consistently deliver precise color and detail for film and photo archiving and reproductions. Featuring 4,800 x 6,400 dpi optical resolution with a 4.0 Dmax optical density and Epson’s exclusive Dual Lens scanning system, the firm says both models are suitable for advanced amateur and professional photographers.
“Epson has incorporated everything it has learned on how to scan the perfect image into these scanners,” commented Mark Pickard, senior product manager for scanners at Epson America. “The result is an advanced level of quality and performance for photographers and graphic designers to digitize portfolios and create unparalleled photo reproductions and other film applications easily and affordably in-house.”
The Perfection V800 Photo and V850 Pro offer a range of positive and negative film formats – from 35 mm slides and film strips, to medium format 6 x 20 cm and 4” x 5”. Featuring the energy-efficient ReadyScan LED light source, Epson says the scanners use 23-percent less power and offer faster scans with no warm-up time required. Newly designed film holders feature sturdier frames for more consistent scans, three height-adjustment levels for greater control, and an anti-Newton ring plate for improved scan quality. For increased productivity and to minimize retouching costs, both scanners feature Epson’s Digital ICE technology to automatically remove defects such as dust, scratches, and creases from films, slides and photos.
The flagship Perfection V850 Pro adds High Pass Optics with anti-reflection optical coatings and a high-reflection mirror to improve image quality and performance while delivering up to 33- percent faster scans. The Pro model is also equipped with two sets of film holders, allowing users to prepare for the next scan while the first batch is scanning.
Other V800 Photo and V850 Pro features include:
- High Optical Density (4.0 DMax) for smooth gradations and fine shadow detail, broader tonal range, and highly accurate tone reproduction.
- Exclusive Dual Lens System optimizes each scan, and automatically selects from two lenses for the desired scan resolution. The High Resolution Mode is used to achieve 4,800 dpi resolution (reflective 8.5” x 11”, transparency 8” x10”), and Super Resolution Lens Mode is used for 6,400 dpi (film scanning).
- Advanced Film Scanning for quickly scanning slide-packs and negative strips into printable contact sheets with the 8” x10” transparency adapter.
- Robust Software Bundle:
- Epson Scan with Easy Photo Fix restores faded color photos back to their original brilliance.
- LaserSoft Imaging SilverFast SE Version 8 (V800 Photo) and SE Plus Version 8 (V850 Pro) controls highlights and shadows, gradations, selective and global color sharpening, and de-screening.
- X-rite i1 Profiler (V850 Pro only) creates custom profiles with included transparent and reflective IT8 targets.
- Epson Copy Utility enables users to copy documents and photos.
- Fluid Mount Accessory: Optional add-on accessory ($59 MSRP) for hiding scratches and reduce grain from black-and-white negatives.
The Epson Perfection V800 Photo (MSRP $739) and Epson Perfection V850 Pro (MSRP $949) are available this month at a range of photography-equipment suppliers and online at www.epson.com.