Xerox Adds MICR Printing and Coating Options to ciPress Inkjet Production-Printing Systems
- Prints MICR up to 500 feet-per-minute on standard untreated stocks, allowing use of white paper in full-color check production.
- Enables field upgrades, which protect the investment of current users while expanding application opportunities for new customers.
- Prints mixed applications in the same run with MICR and non-MICR jobs, eliminating the need for a dedicated MICR printer.
- Allows migration to digital color applications, while adding the benefit of MICR on demand.
- Enhances applications with a high-gloss overlay for artistic value and added endurance to create more attention-grabbing direct-mail pieces.
- Leverages widely available commercial coating fluids and offset coated and uncoated media to deliver economical high-impact pieces.
- Delivers simplex or duplex coating in-line at full printer speeds, maximizing productivity and efficiency without the labor and movement of materials associated with offline coating.
- Pre-determines the cost of ink usage on a job or page basis for more precise print-job cost estimation.
- Produces soft proofs of the printed output so jobs don’t have to run and be inspected on the press, saving time.
The CiPress’ MICR Print Module, MEGTEC In-Line Aqueous Coating System and CiPress Ink Measurement and Proofing Tool are available immediately.