Epson Rolls Out Next-Generation SureColor T-Series Printers with PrecisionCore TFP Inkjet Print Head
Epson America today introduced its next-generation family of large-format color printers, the Epson SureColor T3270, T5270, T7270, T5270D, and T7270D. Available in both single- and now dual-roll models, the SureColor T-Series features the Epson’s PrecisionCore TFP inkjet print head and Epson UltraChrome XD pigment ink, and are designed for technical, corporate, and marketing, for printing CAD drawings, GIS maps, corporate graphics, retail posters, etc.
Resolution is up to 2,880 x 1,440 dpi, and the systems can produce a presentation-quality D-size plot in as little as 25 seconds. The SureColor T-Series single-roll printers utilize a horizontal catch basket for enhanced output stacking, while the dual-roll printers feature a high-capacity catch basket for quick retrieval and reduced sorting time.
The SureColor T-Series 36- and 44-inch printers also offer an optional MFP module, enabling PC-free full-color scan and copy capabilities – up to 36-inches wide – along with copy and scan-to-share.
These configurations are available:
Max Width & Mode
Square Feet per Hour Print Speeds
Optional MFP Module
|SureColor T3270||24-inch single-roll|
|SureColor T5270||36- inch single-roll|
|SureColor T7270||44-inch single-roll|
|SureColor T5270D||36-inch dual-roll|
|SureColor T7270D||44-inch dual-roll|
- Three Printer Widths: The SureColor T-Series features maximum print widths of 24-, 36-, and 44-inches, with minimal floor-space requirements
- Optional Multifunction MFP: An optional upgrade for 36- and 44-inch single- and dual-roll T-Series models, the PC-free MFP Scanner leverages Epson’s REALOID image processing engine to produce color D-size copies in under 40 seconds, with color scan speeds up to 6.0 inches per second; available for $4,500 MSRP.
- Epson UltraChrome Ink: Epson says its pigmented ink delivers brilliant color and crisp lines on virtually any paper type, as well as truly archival and extremely smudge and water-resistant output. The SureColor T-Series printers are designed to be used exclusively with these inks, and not with other brands of cartridges or inks.
- Varied Ink Capacities: To maximize efficiency and keep printing costs low, each of the five ink colors – cyan, magenta, yellow, photo black, and matte black – are available in 110 ml, 350 ml and high-capacity 700 ml ink-cartridge sizes, which can be used interchangeably to accommodate a range of printing needs; all cartridges are front-loading for easy access.
- Epson PrecisionCore TFP Print Head: Epson says the TFP inkjet print head provides high-performance and consistency for accurate plotting with high-precision line detail and minimum line widths as thin as 0.018 mm, along with variable size ink droplet technology for remarkable photographic print quality.
- Current and Future-Ready Print Language: Epson says its Precision printer language sets a new standard for high-performance, high-resolution printing, compatible with today’s latest applications and workflow software.
- Optional Internal Print Server: An internal 320-GB print server boosts workgroup productivity by quickly transferring print jobs to free-up workstations; adds print queue management, as well as print-job save and reprint functionality; available for $399.95 MSRP.
- Optional True Adobe Postscript 3 Hardware Engine: Enables direct and hot-folder batch printing and support for secure PDF printing; includes the optional internal print server hardware; available for $1,199.99 MSRP.
- Control Panel: Full-color LCD panel with simple button layout provides quick access to printer features and controls, as well as an intuitive help system for most frequent tasks.
- Professional Media Handling: Supports virtually any media type in roll or cut-sheet, from plain bond paper to 1.5 mm thick posterboard, for use with a wide variety of print applications.
For more information and complete specifications, visit Epson here.
The Epson SureColor T-Series will be available in September 2014 through authorized Epson Professional Imaging resellers. The SureColor T-Series printers offer a standard Epson Preferred Limited Warranty, a one-year program that includes toll-free advanced telephone access Monday through Friday and on-site service in the event of any hardware failure. Epson Preferred Plus extended service plans are available to provide coverage for up to two additional years. For more information, visit proimaging.epson.com.