Copier Careers: Average Copier Sales-Manager Compensation is $143,735 Annually
Minneapolis-based Copier Careers , a niche recruiting firm serving the document-imaging industry for almost 30 years, has published its annual Sales Manager Salary Survey.
This salary survey reflects the responses of 1,069 copier channel-sales managers who participated in the Copier Careers’ online survey over the past year. The survey provides insight into a variety of factors, including how well managers are being compensated, how well their employers are meeting their needs, and whether they’re satisfied in their current positions.
Highlights from this year’s sales-manager salary survey include:
- Average annual base pay is $57,525, and average annual commissions amounted to $86,209, for a total of $143,735.
- Average base pay and compensation are up. Over the past year, total compensation for sales managers has risen by 4.4 percent, with a $5,000 increase in commission alone.
- Female sales managers are growing in numbers.. Women now account for more than 30 percent of copier channel-sales managers, compared to less than 10 percent a decade ago.
- The selling sales manager position has made a comeback. Thanks in part to managed print services (MPS) and managed network services (MNS), the selling sales manager has become one of the fastest growing positions in the industry.
- Sales managers are embracing technology. As sales managers have come to realize the sales potential of solutions, enthusiasm for emerging technology has risen rapidly.
To see the complete report, visit Copier Careers here.