New Brother A4 Color Laser Printers, All-in-Ones with Mobile Print and Scan, Scan to Cloud, User Authentication
Brother International U.S.A. today launched its new HL-L8000 series of color laser printers and MFC-L8000 color laser All-In-Ones, all designed for small workgroups in small to mid-size businesses, with printers starting at $349.99 and All-in-Ones starting at $529.99 (estimated street price).
Features include high-yield replacement toner cartridges, Secure Function Lock to limit user access, and automatic duplex (two-sided) printing. Print speeds are rated at up to 32 ppm, and there’s wireless printing from smartphones and tablets via Apple AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, the free Brother iPrint&Scan app, Wi-Fi Direct printing for direct connection, and Cortado Workplace mobile printing.
The All-in-Ones add copy, scan, and fax, as well as a color touch screen. Both All-in-Ones also feature Web connectivity via the Brother Web Connect Interface, to allow users to scan documents directly to cloud-based document-storage services, including Dropbox, Brother’s BR-Docs cloud document-storage site, Evernote, Google Drive, OneNote, OneDrive, and more.
Scan features include background removal, blank page skip, and ID scan, as well as scanning to a variety of destinations such as FTP, Secure FTP, Microsoft SharePoint, e-mail server, and more. The MFC-L8850CDW adds two-sided scanning and copying.
All of the new units are Energy Star-certified, and the All-in-Ones also provide an Auto Off Mode. There’s also a Deep Sleep Mode – with Deep Sleep Mode, the printers consume less than 1 watt of power, while the All-in-Ones consume less than 2 watts of power.
HL-L8350CDW Color Laser Printer:
- Print at up 32 ppm in both color and black at up to 2400 x 600 dpi resolution.
- Automatic duplex (two-sided) printing.
- Wireless 802.11b/g/n connectivity, Ethernet network interface, and Hi-Speed USB 2.0 interface.
- 250-sheet paper tray, plus a 50-sheet multi-purpose tray for printing on envelopes, thicker media, and custom paper sizes. An additional 500-sheet paper tray is optional .
- Mobile device printing from compatible Apple iOS, Android, Kindle Fire, and Windows Phone mobile devices. Print via AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, the free Brother iPrint&Scan app, Wi-Fi Direct, and Cortado Workplace.
- USB Direct Interface to print files (JPEG, PDF and XPS files) directly from a USB flash memory drive.
- High-yield replacement toner cartridges are available – approximately 4,000 pages for black, and 3,500 pages for each color cartridge.
- Estimated street price is $399.99.
Visit Brother here for complete specifications and more information.
Brother will also be introducing the HL-L8350CDWT, which ships with two paper trays (250-sheet and 500-sheet capacity) at an estimated street price of $499.99, as well as the HL-L8250CDN, at an estimated street price of $349.99.
MFC-L8850CDW Color Laser All-in-One
Includes all of the HL-L8350CDW’s features listed above, plus:
- Copy, scan, and fax, with automatic duplex (two-sided) printing, plus single-pass duplex copying, scanning, and faxing through the automatic document feeder.
- 4.85″ color touch screen with Web Connect to scan to cloud services including Dropbox, BR-Docs, Evernote, Google Drive, OneNote, One Drive, and more.
- Supports Active Directory (LDAP), so that administrators can require users to authenticate themselves at the control panel using their network credentials before they can use the device for copy, scan, or fax.
- 50-page capacity auto document feeder.
- Platen can be used to scan up to legal-size originals.
- USB Direct Interface to print files (JPEG, PDF & XPS files) from or scan to USB flash memory drives.
- Estimated street price is $599.99.
Brother will also be introducing the MFC-L8600CDW, at an estimated street price of $529.99.
For more information on the mobile device printing and cloud connectivity functions of Brother printers and All-in-Ones, visit Brother here.