Xerox Adds Enhancements to Print-Workflow Security, New Mopria Certification on the Way
Xerox today announced new services, as well as enhancements to existing products, all designed for enabling enterprises to better secure their print workflows, as well as automate business processes. It also announced that Xerox MFPs and printer that incorporate Xerox’s ConnectKey 1.5 platform will shortly be certified for Mopria streamlined mobile printing by the Mopria Alliance, an organization that promotes easy wireless printing from smartphones, tablets and other mobile devices.
As Xerox explains, the new services and enhancements are designed to enable enterprises to:
- Analyze how and why documents are printed and use that intelligence to change the way information is accessed.
- Increase information security without disrupting the IT infrastructure.
- Make mobile printing easier and more convenient.
- Evaluate, simplify, and improve everyday document-intensive business processes through workflow automation.
The enhanced services include:
- Xerox Secure Print Manager Suite, powered by Nuance Equitrac, integrates print security, control and reporting capabilities – such as user authentication, secure document release, job tracking, charge-back and accounting, and print rules and routing, without disrupting existing IT infrastructure. Capabilities can be licensed individually or across any number of Xerox or non-Xerox devices, depending on the organization’s needs. For more on the Secure Print Manager Suite, visit Xerox here.
- Xerox Document Analytics Service shows how, where, and why documents are used. Insights are culled from multiple sources – data from devices and print jobs, audits of filed and un-filed paper and client interviews that uncover printing “behaviors.” Based on the findings, Xerox partners with its clients to digitize content and capture information so organizations don’t replace a paper landfill with a digital landfill.
- Xerox Workflow Assessment Services demonstrate how documents move within an organization and provide insights to create more efficient processes. For example, an assessment may uncover that student loan processing could take 50 percent less time if information is easier to locate and is scanned rather than printed. Leveraging client input and metrics from document and device usage, Xerox says the service helps organizations turn process into productivity, to save money and improve customer relationships.
A free software upgrade on the Xerox WorkCentre 3325 MFP offers a common set of access, productivity, management, and security features to further protect and optimize print environments. Customers gain an even stronger integration with Xerox’s managed print services for improved efficiency and cost savings.
- Xerox Document Analytics Services and Xerox Workflow Assessment Services are available to customers of Xerox’s Enterprise Print Services in the United States, Canada, and Europe.
- Xerox Secure Print Manager Suite is available for customers of Xerox’s Enterprise Print Services in the United States, Canada, Europe, and Developing Markets Operations.
- Xerox ConnectKey 1.5 technology will be offered worldwide as a software upgrade for all existing ConnectKey enabled printers and MFPs by early June 2014.