There was quite a selection of quality “Enterprise-Ready” A4 MFPs in the group of devices that comply with our conditions below, are priced from $399.99 to $9,400.00, and in color print speed from 15 to 40 ppm. Determining a Best in Class winner from this group was a difficult proposition, with 16 MFPs from Brother International, Canon, Dell, Hewlett-Packard, Konica Minolta, Kyocera, Lexmark International, OKI, Ricoh, Samsung, Sharp, Toshiba, and Xerox, with imaging technologies including laser and LED-array (dry toner), plus solid and aqueous ink.
What is our definition of “Enterprise-Ready”? The ultimate capabilities for said device is the ability to be remotely set-up, secured, managed, and maintained from a central location. An Enterprise-Ready MFP must also have other physical requirements as follows:
Wirth Consulting Usage Definitions
- SOHO (Inkjet) = Network interface, duplex printing and automatic document feeder for AiO/MFP models.
- SOHO (Laser/LED) = Network interface and automatic document feeder for AiO/MFP models.
- Business Class = SOHO plus can support more users; higher maximum and recommended monthly volumes; faster print speeds; expandable standard media capacity exceeding 251 sheets; higher ink or toner capacity.
- Enterprise = Business Class plus US Legal-sized platen, duplexing automatic document feeder for MFP models, PCL and/or PostScript print drivers, and remote management, deployment and security capabilities.
Aside from the required feature set for this group, value-add features were manageability, security, image quality, print speed, ease-of-use and maintenance, and Cost per Page and Total Cost of Ownership. All things considered, HP’s Officejet Pro X476dw with its PageWide print head was deemed Best in Class based on the following criteria:
- Very low Cost per Page and Total Cost of Ownership.
- Very low energy consumption and noise output.
- Very easy and low maintenance and high-capacity ink cartridges (9,000/6,200 ISO pages).
- Outstanding tested print quality, print speeds, and image permanence.
- Internet connectivity, downloadable business apps, and a host of mobile and remote printing solutions.
- Support for HP management, deployment, and security solutions.
- Supports a wide variety of printer languages and operating systems.
(Watermarked; distribution or linking is prohibited.)
Enterprise-Ready A4 Color MFPs Head2Head Comparison Report
- HP Officejet Pro 476dw What You Should Know Evaluation
Not-watermarked Competitive What You Should Know Evaluations for personal use only.
- Brother MFC-9970CDW
- Canon Color imageCLASS MFC9280Cdn
- Dell C3765dnf
- HP LaserJet Pro 400 Color MFP M475dn
- HP Officejet Pro 276dw
- Konica Minolta magicolor 4695MF
- KYOCERA FS-C2126MFP
- Lexmark CX410de
- OKI MC562w
- Ricoh Aficio MP C300
- Samsung CLX-8640ND
- Sharp MX-C402SC
- Toshiba e-STUDIO287CS
- Xerox ColorQube 8700/X
- Xerox WorkCentre 6605/DN
- Head2Head Comparison Reports (Retail Channel)
- Head2Head Comparison Reports (Dealer Channel)
- What You Should Know Evaluations (A-I)
- What You Should Know Evaluations (K-P)
- What You Should Know Evaluations (R-Z)
- About Reports
- How We Test