New Desktop Scanners from Xerox, the Digital Desktop Organizer and Digital Personal Organizer
Xerox has introduced two new desktop document scanners, the Xerox Digital Desktop Organizer ($495 MRSP), a 25-ppm duplexing Xerox Documate scanner and software, and the Digital Personal Organizer ($299 MSRP), a 20-ppm duplexing flatbed Xerox DocuMate scanner and software.
Xerox has included software for creating PDF and text-searchable files from scanned files. Also included is:
- Cloud storage for storing documents online.
- An e-book “Creating the Nearly Paperless Office” that explains how to better capture, access, and share paper documents as digital files.
- Nuance OmniPage Pro software.
- Nuance PaperPort software.
- Nuance PDF Converter software.
- Visioneer OneTouch software.
- Visioneer Acuity software.
- TWAIN scan driver, Microsoft Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) Driver, and Visioneer DriverPLUS.
- Free 30-day trial of Carbonite Online Backup System and free three-month subscription when customers sign up at carbonite.com
Xerox Digital Desktop Organizer
The Xerox Digital Desktop Organizer consists of a sheet-fed scanner that can scan up to 25 ppm or 44 ppm in duplex (two-sided) mode, and includes a 50-page Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) that handles everything from business cards to letter-size documents. Scanning to any one of nine preset “destinations” is as simple as pressing a single button.
Xerox Digital Personal Organizer
The Xerox Digital Personal Organizer comes with a flatbed scanner equipped with a 50-page ADF that can scan up to 23 ppm or 46 ppm in duplex mode. The letter-size flatbed handles variable paper sizes and delicate originals. Users can scan checks, documents, business cards, credit cards, photos, and thick card stock with one touch. The front panel of the scanner provides simple single-button control for at-device scanning to any of nine preset and up to 99 customizable OneTouch scan profiles.
Both products are available through Xerox online channel partners and major resellers.