New Toshiba e-STUDIO5560C/6560C/6770C Color MFPs Feature Next-Generation e-BRIDGE Controller
Toshiba America Business Solutions is today launching its e-STUDIO5560C/6560C/6570C series of A3 color MFPs, which start at $28,000, are available through authorized Toshiba dealers, and are based on Toshiba’s next-generation e-Bridge controller.
The new MFPs print in color at 1,200 x 1,200 dpi and rated at up to 65 ppm in color mode, and are designed for small to large business. The flagship e-STUDIO6570C series is rated at up to 75 ppm in monochrome.
The MFPs also feature Toshiba’s e-BRIDGE Color Profiler Version 2.0 software, which enables users to match and support the widest array of recognized Pantone color palettes available. For greater color accuracy during lengthy print tasks, the e-STUDIO6570C series includes Toshiba’s Auto-Calibration feature, which runs periodic checks on printed image quality to ensure that color hues remain consistent throughout the printing process. An optional Fiery controller from partner Electronics for Imaging (EFI) is also available from more intensive print workflows.
The next-generation e-BRIDGE controller enables cloud and mobile printing for Apple and Android smartphones and tablets, while enabling customers to add on third-party software for security, workflows, etc.
For securely storing documents, the new MFPs include a 320 GB Self-Encrypting Drive (SED), which has been validated to comply with the U.S. Federal Information Processing Standard 140-2. They also incorporate Toshiba’s unique hard-drive wipe technology, so that data recorded on the hard drive is automatically erased when accessed by an unregistered system. The MFPs also include a Hard Copy Security feature to prevent unauthorized copying of documents, as well as Hard Disk AES Encryption, and secure encryption of PDFs.
Other features of note include:
- The e-STUDIO5560C/6560C/6570C are rated at 55/55 (black/color) ppm, 65/65 (black/color) ppm and 75/75 (black/color) ppm respectively.
- Standard 10/100/1000base-T Ethernet network interface, USB 2.0/(Hi Speed USB) port, and optional 802.11b/g wireless network interface.
- Print on banner sheets up to 305 x 1200mm in size.
- Auto duplexing on media up to 12” x 18”.
- Standard tandem printing (link two systems together to double print speed), and optional cluster printing (link multiple systems together).
- Print on 280gsm cover stock through the bypass tray.
- Up to 6,000-sheet paper capacity with an optional large capacity feeder.
- Optional 50-sheet Stapling Finisher and optional 60-sheet saddle-stitch finisher.
- Optional e-BRIDGE Fleet Management System (EFMS) Web-based software provides centralized administration of multiple MFFs.
- New Universal Print Driver enables all users to print to all current e-STUDIO models, as well as switching between PCL 6 and PostScript 3 print drivers.
- Color and black-and-white scan speed rated at up to 77 images per minute at 300 dpi.
- Scan to file, e-FILING (hard-drive memory), email, USB memory drives, and URLs. A TWAIN scan driver is provided, and users can created TIFFs, PDFs, Slim PDFs, and XPS files from scanned documents.
- Super Group 3 fax, and network and Internet fax, including automatic routing of received faxes to file and email addresses.
Conforming to Toshiba’s mandate to reduce its environmental impact, the MFPs also meet the Restriction of Hazardous Substances Directive – or RoHS – compliance. They also feature low-temperature fusing toner (toner can be fused at lower temperatures, thus conserving energy), and a Super Sleep Mode that reduces power consumption to 1.5 watts. Toshiba says the MFPs also incorporate integrate recycled plastics throughout their chassis.
Toshiba offers customers free toner recycling via its “Zero Waste to Landfill” program. Through its partnership with Close the Loop, Toshiba accepts all brands of depleted toner cartridges. And once Toshiba’s MFPs are no longer operational, the company will recycle them via 14 recycling locations throughout the United States.
“With the unveiling of our e-STUDIO6570C series, we now outfit companies of any size with an affordable print fleet featuring industry-leading image quality to fully address their employees’ diverse print needs” commented Bill Melo, vice president of marketing, services and solutions at Toshiba America Business Solutions. “Aside from the premier color elements inherent throughout the products, our new e-STUDIO offerings combine an array of security and energy-saving elements.”
The e-STUDIO6570C series is available for purchase through authorized Toshiba dealers starting at under $28,000, and are also available through Toshiba’s Managed Print Services Program. For more information and complete specifications, visit Toshiba here.