Samsung Brings BusinessCore Solutions for A3 and A4 MFPs to United States
Samsung Electronics America today announced U.S. availability of its BusinessCore Printing Solutions for small and mid-size businesses (SMBs). Samsung’s BusinessCore Printing Solutions include solutions for document-management, user authentication, automatic document routing, print-from and scan to the cloud, output management, user accounting, and more, and are compatible with Samsung’s A3 and A4 MFPs that feature the firm’s XOA Embedded open platform.
By incorporating automated printing solutions that work with existing infrastructure, Samsung says SMBs can manage, print, and share documents with greater efficiency and agility. The services also protect sensitive documents by providing robust security with Samsung’s SecuThru Lite v2.
“Samsung is focused on delivering an enhanced business experience, a big part of which is helping companies of all sizes more efficiently manage their print resources,” commented Tod Pike, senior vice president of Samsung’s Enterprise Business Division. “Our BusinessCore Printing Solutions allow SMB customers to create customizable workflow experiences using our new generation of multifunction devices – in particular, SMBs who are looking for a productive and cost-efficient solution, but aren’t prepared to make an extensive IT investment.”
BusinessCore Printing Solutions provide an essential suite of offerings where there is no IT manager or separate IT budget, and there’s a need to ensure easy installation and operation without a server. BusinessCore Printing Solutions are available in two solution packages – the BusinessCore Document Management Pack, and the BusinessCore Output Management Pack.
BusinessCore Document Management Pack
The BusinessCore Document Management Pack contains three key solutions in one for increased productivity, security, and efficiency – SmarThru Workflow Lite, Cloud Connector, and Secure Login Manager.
- SmarThru Workflow Lite enables users to process and distribute documents to multiple destinations through an automated document capturing, scanning, and routing solution. It also supports a Zone Optical Character Recognition (OCR) feature that allows documents with special text and barcodes in specific sections to be automatically classified once scanned.
- Cloud Connector provides a secure solution for scanning and printing documents from the cloud, without a need for a separate server. Cloud Connector supports a number of cloud services, including Microsoft SharePoint Online and Google Drive, as well as PDF, TIFF, and JPG fileformats.
- Secure Login Manager provides authenticated users access to MFPs. Companies can choose from numerous user-authentication methods, including MFP internal authentication, network authentication, user ID and password input, employee ID cards, and manual PIN input.
BusinessCore Output Management Pack
The BusinessCore Output Management Pack is made up of two solutions for increased security and cost efficiency – SecuThru Lite 2 and Usage Tracker.
- SecuThru Lite 2 strengthens document security through user authentication. When a document is sent to the printer, it will not print until the user authenticates their credentials at the MFP’s control panel. Documents are encrypted for added security and are virtually queued before being printed, which can cut down on needless print jobs that have been accidentally sent to print. SecuThru Lite 2 enables server-less pull printing among up to 10 devices, and allows registration of up to 500 users to cater to a wide range of SMB sizes and needs.
- Usage Tracker monitors an individual’s usage across all networked MFPs, including printing, photocopying, scanning, and faxing, on the printer’s operation panel. Usage reports can also be generated and delivered via email to enable proactive resource management.
For more on Samsung’s BusinessCore solutions, visit the company here.